Monday, January 12, 2015

One Word - 365 Days

A brand new year has begun, I know, it's already been 2 weeks into year 2015. I didn't want to make any resolutions, nope! Not for me. For ermm... I cannot even remember when, I've stopped making resolutions that I cannot even keep nor remember after a few weeks into a brand new year.

Not so long ago, Danessa, one of the ladies in our Titus 2 ladies' fellowship group suggested to the group of us to take on a challenge for the brand new year by seeking the Lord for ONE WORD to focus on everyday, for the entire year of 2015. One word that sums up how I want to live. The one word will become the compass to direct my decisions and guide my steps.

For about 2 years now, the one word that kept on surfacing in my spirit every time I do my personal devotion, speak to a fellow christian mom during our regular meet ups and even through the kids' devotion materials, I heard God clearly! The one word is -
Photo credit link
Something I struggled with a whole lot and even more! Which explains why, this word just kept on pricking my conscience and heart for a good 2 years (yes, I am THAT stubborn!).
Photo credit link
It's always easier when I do things my way, at my preferred time, when it's the most convenient to me. Unfortunately, that's not how it should be in my christian walk. To add onto the emphasis, God sent this message to me via a dear sister-in-Christ just today (it's definitely no coincidence!)
"Old habits are hard to break, new ones are harder to learn, and sometimes we don't want to do either... God is faithful and will continue to teach us new ways, His ways..."
I know there's no way for me to turn away from my submission to God's call to be obedient. While it's not going to be easy, but I am taking baby steps towards obeying Him. One wise friend said and I quote "it's better to progress than to seek for perfection..." (not her exact words but that's the gist).
Photo credit link
Just what is it to obey God? Obeying Him is to take actions of what He's commanded us or when He springs us a surprise on an "assignment"eg. being a mom and taking on all the mom-sy responsibilities and submitting to our husbands even when we don't agree fully, we are to then do it with joy and not complain, even when it's inconvenient, not what we have planned for or not something we enjoy doing. Obedience is...
Photo credit link
It's no surprise that after 2 weeks of Year 2015, I am still struggling but with prayer and perseverance I will count my steps towards being obedient to my Heavenly Father effortlessly.



No comments: