Friday, October 04, 2013

I Look To You

Have you ever had a longing, an ache of a desire of a miracle? Instead of experiencing a longing met what you get was only disappointment?

We've been waiting for a breakthrough in hope and anticipation for nearly 3 years now. It all seemed like we've been walking in circles... the door opened (too many have been opened to us in fact), our hopes were raised, our confidence were puffed up, we envisioned the positive outcome... but all ended abruptly and the door closed with us back to where we began.

Photo Credit Link
It's hard to fathom. Why would God let the aching desire linger and not make things happen?

Photo Credit Link
Yet, I was given Word by the Lord to "Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust the Lord" ~ Psalm 4:5  He has wanted me to give up by placing my desire in His hands and to tell Him, "either way, I will see Your answer as the good answer and walk in trust".

I sort the Lord and He heard me, He spoke to me through this song.

The lyrics perfectly describes how I feel - loss, exhaustion and pain. But in the beautiful chorus, the lyrics also point me to the source of my hope in troubled times.... "after all my strength is gone, in You I can be strong... when melodies are gone, in You I hear a song..." 

He's comforted me through this song. May you be blessed too whether you are in the middle of a crisis, storm or in desperate need of hope.

No comments: