Thursday, June 06, 2013

Easy Meals for Busy Moms : 30-Minute Meal for 4



Whipping up something in a jiffy isn't all that difficult, really! With a well-stocked refrigerator and some left overs, in 30-minutes you could have a quick meal ready for the entire family!

It's been a busy week of Vacation Bible School for the kids and us. While juggling with a work related meeting, grocery shopping and preparing lunch for the family, I had to concoct in my mind how to make sure lunch was ready in just 30 minutes!

Not difficult when I have a piece of rotisserie chicken breast meat left over from the previous night's dinner.

Here's how I made the 30-minute Minestrone Soup that feeds a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kiddos).

Ingredients
1 chicken breast meat (Rotisserie or fresh)
1 carrot, diced
50gms green peas (I used frozen green peas)
50gms corn kernels (I used frozen corn kernels)
1 small potato, diced
1 tbsp Maggi concentrated chicken stock (or you may get ready pack low sodium chicken stock)
3 cups water (this can be omitted if you are using ready pack chicken stock)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp alphabet pasta (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste

Method
1) Cut the chicken breast meat (if using rotisserie chicken meat just shred and set aside)
2) Put all other ingredients into a saucepan or soup pot (if you are using fresh chicken meat, do add that in together)
3) Bring the liquid to a boil then simmer for 30mins (or until all vegetables are cooked)
4) Serve with chicken meat (if rotisserie chicken meat is used) and toast or bread.


Only 4 steps! Isn't that simple and fast? :) It was really very yummy that my two kids can't have enough of it!

6 comments:

Rose said...

OOoh! I love minestrone soup. Good tips for easy and fast cooking. Thanks!

JJ Mummy said...

Hi Mamabliss,

Love your blog and had a great time reading it. I would like to link your blog to mine. :D

Mamabliss said...

Thanks Rose :) hope you'll try the recipe some time :)

Mamabliss said...

Hi JJ Mummy, thanks for visiting my blog :) yes, by all means, link me up :)

Libby said...

Will try this one of these days, looks easy to prepare :)

Libby said...

I have shared your recipe in my blog linking back to you. Check it out!