Friday, April 26, 2013

Photo Heart Fridays - Servant Mother

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." ~ John15:13

God has constantly reminded me that my children are His gifts to me and I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit of my duty as a mom through the quote below from Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson.

Choosing to be a servant-mother means willingly giving up myself, my expectations, and my time to the task of mothering - and choosing to believe that doing so is the best use of my time at that moment... by faith I have already made a decision to make myself available in the routine tasks and myriad interruptions of daily life because I believe it is God's will for me to serve my family through them. Making this choice ahead of time means I will expect problems and needs to arise and be ready to deal with them in peace instead of impatience and resentment ~Sally Clarkson


Linking up with 

No comments: