Monday, December 10, 2012

Meal Preparation for Busy Moms - Baked in the Oven

One of the simplest ways of whipping up some tasty dishes - it's got to be oven baked!

As there are just too many tasks I'd like to complete each day and I'm constantly on the look out for home cooked food that doesn't require me to stay in the kitchen or by the stove extensively. I've discovered how easy it can be by preparing food using the oven or even the toaster oven.

Here are some reasons why I love to prepare food using the oven -

  • A wide variety of food could be prepared by baking, grilling, steaming, even stewing
  • Saves me time and a great deal of effort too
  • Less grease and smoke-free which means healthier food
  • Cleaning is a breeze as all it takes is a piece of damp cloth (occasionally some baking soda paste) to wipe the oven after use.

Here are some recipes of the food I've prepared using either the toaster oven or a regular oven (click onto the names of each dish to get to the recipe):

Steamed Chicken
Japanese Style Salmon
Grilled Chicken Wings
Oven Baked BBQ Pork Ribs
Homemade Char Siew
Chicken Thigh in Golden Sauce
Roasted Pork Ribs
Teriyaki Salmon or Cod fillet (all it takes is 2-3tbsp of thick teriyaki sauce spread it over the fillet and bake in the oven on 180C for 20-30mins or until fish is cooked).

Let me know if you have any other oven baked food recipes to share I'd be happy to try them out as well! :)

2 comments:

simplylambchops said...

I love roasted vegetables. Just cut vegetables like carrots, pumpkin, zucchini, broccoli etc and splash a little olive oil and bake until cooked. Then add a little balsamic vinaigrette for that extra oomph!

Mamabliss said...

Mmm yum sounds delish @Simplylambchops!!!