Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Reminiscing the Pak-Tor-Daze

It wasn't love at first sight, rather it was love based on both of our love for God :) It was in a class conducted by our church where we first met in March 2004. No glitzy, whirl wind romance, just very down-to-earth, subdued and simple.

We first dated on a Sunday afternoon where he invited me to join him at the beach after he wind surfed, he serenaded me with his guitar and we spent the rest of the afternoon exchanging about our experiences about God. What impressed me about him wasn't just his love for God but his depth of knowledge of God's Words, and being a man grounded in God's Words.

We spent the next few months getting to know each other better through ICQ chats daily and meeting each weekend. 6 months down the road, he popped the question of marriage; we later got married in May 2005 and the rest as they said, was history.

Interestingly, when we first got to know each other, we hear the song "Fly Me to the Moon" almost everywhere we turn to. And we've deemed it as "OUR" song because we both love Bossanova music. Here's a montage I've made some time ago and I'd like to invite you to reminisce with me...



Linking Up with
mamawearpapashirt

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww, S serenaded u by the beach..that is so romantic! And at 6 months! This is definitely a whirlwind romance. I really see God's hand on bringing the both of u together and I know that u and S will continue to do great things in His kingdom as a couple in Christ!

Madeline Heng said...

Wah seranaded u ah where got simple! Lol

Mamabliss said...

haha yeah u know he loves the guitar a lot so it's a natural thing for him to do - serenade :P I don't feel the fainty whirlwind romantic emotions during our paktor days leh hahaha... but yeah I agree that S was a godsent :))))

June said...

I love your song choice! And yes, this reminds me that I was drawn to the man by his faith and love for God too. I can see that yours is a love that's down-to-earth and realistic, and yet things progressed so naturally that it must be His divine hand too! Thanks for sharing and giving us a peek into your lives and love, Pauline

Mamabliss said...

Madeline haha... but it's never crossed my mind that serenading is something very grand leh :P

Mamabliss said...

Thanks June :) it's a pleasure to be involved in your Linky Party. I had so much fun reading up all the ladies' love stories! :) brings a smile to my face and warmth in my heart!

Geraldine said...

Wow the video reminds me of weddings! Did you use that for your montage?

Aww.. really nice! Warms my heart :)

Mamabliss said...

Thanks Geraldine :) I made another Montage with our photoshoot done in South Africa that was screened at our wedding :P

Rachel said...

Awwww, both of you knew you're meant for one another! Sweet memories and moments :)

Adeline Oon said...

I felt the love! :) Thanks for sharing!

B@bYh|r0Sh| said...

wah~ serenaded with guitar! SO romantic!!! Mine could hardly sing!!!