Saturday, May 19, 2012

Scarce Virtue


In this time and era where everything can be attained almost immediately we have grown increasingly impatient as well. Instant photo, instant noodles, instant everything! Instant gratification to anything!

Recently, I've encountered countless situations where people wouldn't be bothered about how you think of them having a bad attitude in waiting as they assert the "rights" they think they have in putting you down because you've made them wait for too long. 

I am then reminded of how scarce it is to even find one single patient person around us (I am also speaking for myself). Need to check my attitude while waiting in the line, waiting for my internet order to be delivered, waiting for my kids to grow up at their own pace, waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear...waiting... 

How are you in this waiting business?

4 comments:

Regina Moo said...

Not very successful, I'm afraid... I hate to be made to wait - patience is definitely one of the hardest stumbling blocks that I have had to overcome!

When I want something, I must get it *NOW*.

Then I complain about the boy.

We have come full circle.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely have zero patience especially to people who are always late for appointment (sometime up to an hour) and would said that I have no consideration for them as they have young children in tow!

Lilian said...

People say that patience is my virtue.

June said...

Haha, this made me laugh because it's so true! :)