Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Outlook for year 2012

I know it's a little late to write this post since it's already the second month of 2012 now, this is really just for the records. 2011 didn't seem that exciting to us, it was an extremely quiet year in our household. Ironically, I thank God for a quiet year, now as I look in retrospect. It wasn't that quiet around the world afterall.  I am often amazed by God's grace towards me looking at the way things have panned out in my life.

There are just too many distractions around me that He will usually be placed at the back burner. That's the danger of a wandering heart which I am so guilty of. That's precisely why we are going through this arduous period. But I have learned to count my blessings!

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18 

Nevertheless, I still thank Him for I know it is His way of drawing me back because of His great love towards me, He didn't want me to be left behind especially when the time is at hand.
Photo Credit: 123newyear.com
So what's in store for us this new year 2012? Honestly, I don't really know nor want to make "great" resolutions, just take it one day at a time because I know for sure we won't be staying here for too long now, it's but a temporary place and I shouldn't live as if I am rooted for this world.

"So do not worry, saying, 'what shall we eat?' or 'what shall we drink?' or 'what shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~ Matthew 6:31-34

He knows best how my path will paved out to be and I have learned to just wait upon Him and not try to take things into my own hands. More of Him and less of me. All to Him I surrender and freely give. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11


1 comment:

masterofboots said...

found your HappyCall videos and recipes. Really helpful. thanks