Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Happy Call Yummies - Yakitori Chicken Meat Balls

The problem with me is, I have too many interests/hobbies/activities I want to do/accomplish (if I can do them all at the same time, I would!) thereby, it's quite hard for me to be focused (that's a serious flaw, I know). I've promised to put up this recipe since weeks ago and I am only finally sitting down to type it out now.

Yakitori, one of my FAVOURITE Japanese food especially those bought from food courts where it's grilled right in front of you and ready to be consumed anytime. My only grouse with that is it's far too salty and I'd often end up very thirsty after eating it.

I saw someone shared the yakitori chicken recipe in the HappyCall Pan group in Facebook a while back and decided to make these yakitori chicken meat balls instead *smile* 

It's definitely no rocket science in making these chicken meat balls, all it takes is time and patience :)

It was tasty and the kids love it, I didn't want the teriyaki sauce to over power the natural taste of the meat and vegetable therefore I used the sauce quite sparingly. 

Here's how to prepare this:
Ingredients 
1 pack of minced chicken meat, approximately 300gms (bought from the super mart) or you may buy chicken breast and process it into minced chicken meat.
1 small green capsicum; 1 small red capsicum, sliced.
1 egg (whisked)
1/2 cup Dried bread crumbs (panko)
2tsp Corn Flour
2tsp Plain Flour
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
2 inches ginger grated
Bamboo Skewers

Yakitori Sauce -
4 Tbsp Sake
3 Tbsp Shoyu (Japanese soya sauce)
4 Tbsp Mirin
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Corn Starch blend in 1tsp Water

Method
1) Place the minced chicken meat into a big mixing bowl, add in whisked egg, dried bread crumbs, corn flour, plain flour, salt and pepper mix and combine well.
2) Roll the meat mixture into small balls
3) Boil a saucepan of water and squeeze the ginger juice out of the grated ginger into the boiling water
4) Place the chicken meat balls in the boiling water for approximately 7mins or cook till the meat balls change colour and float to the surface. Scoop it out and set it aside on kitchen paper towels.
5) Thread the chicken meat balls into the skewers; add capsicum slices in between the meat balls.
6) Brush the yakitori sauce onto the meat balls before placing it into the Happy Call Pan.
7) Pour about 1-2tbsp of the yakitori sauce into the pan before placing the meat balls into the pan
8) Grill the meat balls for 4-5mins, on medium low heat (with lid closed) on one side before turning the meat balls to the other side and continue to grill for another 4-5mins.
9) Serve warm and sprinkle some sesame seeds onto the yakitori; you may serve with more yakitori sauce

Oishi! :) Have fun!


3 comments:

CE said...

Hi thanks for sharing the yummy recipe :) just to confirm it's 3 tablespoon of sugar for the sauce. It looks like alot to me.

Anonymous said...

Hi, any idea if the Happycall pan works on ceramic hob? No one seems to be able to answer me... Thanks!

Mama Bliss said...

I am not too sure either as I don't use a induction hob. But I have a friend who used her HCP on a ceramic induction hob and it worked.