Thursday, October 20, 2011

HappyCall Yummies - Lemon Chicken

I am constantly amazed by the members of the HappyCall group in Facebook! They are simply the most adventurous bunch I've encountered thus far. You'll be surprised at what great wonderful food can come out of their HappyCall Pans!!! :) They are my source of inspiration as I work on my daily dinner plans ;)
Today, I decided to prepare Lemon Chicken since I've purchased this pack of sauce for over a month now. I prefer to use ready made sauce as it helps me to save time and makes whipping up meals so much easier.

This was my first attempt at using the HappyCall pan to fry a chicken cutlet. It was wonderful that this chicken cutlet turned out crispy while my kitchen remained grease-less. Best of all, it didn't fill my kitchen and yard with the lingering greasy odour like it used to be.

It just cannot be any easier to prepare Lemon Chicken than it is on the HappyCall pan ;)

Ingredients:
1 Chicken thigh (de-boned)
Kentucky Chicken Powder
Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 egg (whisked)
1 packet of Lemon Chicken premix (bought from FairPrice)
4-5tbsp of Oil for frying

Method:
1) Wash the chicken thigh thoroughly, pat it dry completely
2) Coat the chicken meat into the Kentucky Chicken Powder (both sides)
3) Dip the chicken meat into the whisked egg (both sides)
4) Coat the chicken meat with the Panko (both sides), set it aside for 2hrs
5) Heat oil in the frying pan on medium heat
6) Once the oil is heated up, turn down the flame to low heat
7) Place the chicken meat into the pan, close the lid and fry it for 10mins (do NOT flip the pan)
8) Open the lid and manually turn the chicken meat to the other side and cook for another 10mins 
*Note: Remember to keep the heat low because the chicken thigh is rather thick and it takes a while to be cooked thoroughly; to prevent the surface of the chicken meat from being charred before the meat is cooked, the heat has to remain low.
9) While the chicken is being cooked, prepare a separate small saucepan (or small frying pan), heat up the pan and then pour in the Lemon Chicken premix, once it bubbles turn out the flame.
10) Once the chicken is ready, lift it out of the HappyCall pan and drain the oil with a kitchen paper towel.
11) Cut the chicken meat accordingly and serve with the Lemon sauce drizzled over the meat.

2 comments:

Beanie N Us said...

I have been thinking of lemon chicken and sweet and sour fish! lol... Cant wait till I have my pans and I will blog too! :)

Mama Bliss said...

Uh hah! You've caught the HappyCall Pan bug too eh teehehe... how many pans did you buy?