What great joy it is to be given the gift to cook by my Heavenly Father! :) I am growing to enjoy cooking more and more that I don't even mind the washing now. I used to detest all the washing and cleaning but it didn't matter now. I suspect, part of the reason is because of the HappyCall pan *smile*
There's really much lesser grease and I only need to wash one pan and that is the HappyCall pan (ie. if I don't boil soup or steam fish).
We love simple food (家常菜), that requires very little ingredients yet retains the best nutrition within the dish. We had fried bean sprouts with tofu for dinner one evening. It's really simple! I used to have to deep fry the tofu but this time I used the HappyCall pan to pan fry the tofu instead. This resulted in a healthier dinner because less oil was being used. While the surface of the tofu was just very slightly crispy the inside remained soft and moist. Only 1/2 tbsp oil was used to fry the tofu for approximately 5 mins - medium heat (the pan was flipped a couple of times in between the 5 mins), if you like the tofu to be drier/crispier you might want to leave the tofu in the pan for up to 6-7mins (on medium heat). Dish the tofu out of the pan and set it aside after it's been cooked.
Add in some finely chopped garlic and the bean sprouts. Add 2 spoonfuls (there's a small spoon in the bottle of chicken powder) of Knorr chicken powder. Close the lid and cook for approximately 2-3mins (med heat). Swirl & flip the pan 1-2 times in between the cooking time. Once cooked, cease fire and serve together with the tofu and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Today, I decided to experiment on something that I've not cooked before even on a regular frying pan :) I am a lover of nuts (maybe that's why I love crunchy stuff and love to keep chewing). This chicken with cashew nuts was surprisingly easy to prepare yet it's superbly tasty, if I may say so.
Ingredients: 2 chicken thigh meat (deboned) cut into cubes, red/green capsicum chopped, 4 slices ginger, 2 shallots finely chopped, cashew nuts (2 small Camel brand packs).
Marinate: 1 tsp rice wine, 1 tsp corn starch
Sauce: (to be mixed together in a bowl prior to cooking) 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp light soya sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar, a dash of white pepper, 1/2 tsp rice wine, 1/2 tsp sesame oil.
1) Marinate the chicken meat for approximately 15mins
2) Lightly cook the chicken in the HappyCall pan for 2 mins on medium heat, flip the pan a few times (keep the chicken meat only half cooked at this point). Once done, set it aside.
3) Heat the HappyCall pan with 1/2 tbsp oil, add the ginger, chopped onions and chopped red/green chopped capsicum. Close the lid and cook for 2 mins on medium heat (flip the pan in between the time).
4) Open the lid add in the chicken meat and the sauce give it a light stir before closing the lid. Cook for 2-3 mins on medium heat (flip the pan in between the time).
5) Before ceasing the fire, pour in the cashew nuts and give the mixture a light stir before serving it on a plate.
I realized that this dish appears to have the aroma and taste like you would find in most local 煮炒 stall, mainly due to the ginger and onions. These ingredients really made the dish exceptionally fragrant and appetizing! Try it and taste it for yourself! ;)
*Note: If you wish to purchase a HappyCall pan too, you might want to consider purchasing it through this seller BestGmall (Click here). This was the seller I bought my pan from.