Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reconciliation

I have been studying closely on the book of Revelation in the bible lately as I've observed, heard, watched and read about all the world events, catastrophes, natural disasters and the world economic meltdown, it's been quite clear to me that the end is at hand. I've prayed and asked God to reveal to me how can I be prepared for Jesus' second coming that I should not be in slumber but truly be ready.

The messages that I've been receiving from my Heavenly Father, has been revolving around "repentance" and "forgiveness", and it's rather consistent. I know the Spirit is prompting me about some unresolved issues that I have had in terms of my resentment or grudges against some people around me these past months and even years.

And in my devotion today, I was being presented with this message from God. He can't be more timely than this. In His mysterious ways, He always never fail to let me know what He expects from me because I've asked Him to reveal to me.
23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift." ~ Matthew 5:23-24
Having been prompted by His Spirit and His Word, there's no way I can run away from what is necessary for me to do. That is, to trust the Spirit's conviction to me and obey what He has asked me to do. It doesn't matter who was in the wrong in the situations that I developed the resentment or grudge, it is the willingness on my part to submit to God in His authority to know what is the best thing for me to do.

The very first step I've taken is to write an apology card to someone whom I was upset with since the beginning of this year for her stubbornness and insistence of doing some things her way which obviously I didn't agree to. I have resented her for more than 6 months now and I haven't been in talking terms with her. This isn't easy for me given that I didn't think I was in the wrong but it is the Lord that I am doing this for and I know for sure this is for my own good to release the resentment and to forgive in order to restore the relationship once again.

Here's the link to my devotion today, may you be blessed! To God be the glory!




2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great reminder...I think I have the problem of dwelling on who is in the wrong and always thinking that I am in the right. Many times we need to stop finding justification for ourselves as a reason not to forgive. As mentioned in your post, repentance is a very strong message for me as well these couple of weeks. Been getting it the last 2 weeks from BSF's Isaiah study. Have to stop justifying and thinking that we are better than the next person and we do good things all the time. We are really in need to God's forgiveness for so many undesirable things that sometimes grieve the Holy Spirit. Time to repent!

Anonymous said...

It really needs lots of courage to forgive someone!! Kudos to you for mustering it! Glory to the Holy God!!

Cheers... Melody