I love one pot meals as it saves loads of my trouble having to think what to prepare for dinner. It'll be even better if the one pot meal contains ingredients that cover all our nutrition needs ie. fibre, protein etc.
I am a collector of recipe books because I enjoy poring over the pages of the books having a visual feast. Last night, I found a recipe that interest me sufficiently to want to experiment on my HappyCall pan.
I didn't follow the recipe to the T as there were several ingredients that I didn't have in my stash and I didn't want to buy more seasoning or bottles of sauce to clutter my already almost bursting by the 'seams' refrigerator. I love how the minced pork turns out so soft even though it's been fried! I can't seem to achieve soft fried minced pork on regular frying pan.
This recipe was adapted from the book "Hanky Panky with Beancurd" (publisher: Seashore)
Experimenting on HappyCall pans with recipes that was meant to be prepared on regular pans/woks has driven me to want to whip up more interesting dinners at home. I will continue to plough through my cook books to try out new recipes!
Mango Tofu with Basil
2 packs of tofu - cut into 9 pieces for each pack of tofu (meant for frying)
1 slice of mango (cut into large cubes)
2 small capsicums - chopped (use capsicums of differing colours to add interest visually)
2 stalks basil (you'd need only the leaves)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
3 slices ginger
100gms minced pork
Seasoning for the meat (to be seasoned before cooking the meat):
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp soya sauce
a dash of pepper
2 tbsp water
Seasoning for this dish:
2 tsp shao xing wine
1.5 tsp hoi sin sauce
2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp Knorr chicken powder
4 tbsp water
Method of preparation:
1) Add salt into a pot of boiling water; place the tofu in boiling water for 5 mins. Drain the water and set the tofu aside.
2) Add the chopped capsicum into the Happycall Pan and cook on medium low heat for 2-3 mins (flip the pan at the 2 min point, cease fire on the 3rd min); dish the vege out and set it aside.
3) Heat a little olive oil in the Happycall pan and add in the garlic and ginger, saute for 1 min (with the lid closed).
4) Add minced pork and add the rest of the seasoning at this point give it a light stir to combine the seasoning with the meat before closing the lid. On medium low heat, Set timer to 2 mins and close the lid. Flip the pan over and cook for another 1 min.
5) Flip the pan back to its original position, open up the lid and add in the tofu, basil and capsicum. Close the lid and set the timer to cook for 4 mins. At the 2nd min, give the pan a swirl and flip it over, at the 3rd min swirl the pan again and flip it back. Cease fire as the timer goes off at the 4th min.
6) Open the lid add the mango and give it a light stir.
7) Serve with rice and there's your one-pan meal!
Have fun using your Happycall pan!