Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Simply One Pot - Herbal Fish

It's always a pleasure to cook especially if it's something completely fuss-free yet nutritious! We are building a habit of healthy eating and one of the best form of meat is white meat therefore fish is a natural preferred choice!

We are all busy mommies and if you have very little time and are totally zapped of energy after a whole day's work, whether you are a sahm or a wahm or a full-time working mom, I think the last thing you want is to agonize over what to cook, and then if you'd need to slave in the kitchen for over 2 hours in order to serve piping hot & delicious meal for your family.

You might want to give this dish a try...
Simple ingredients needed. I bought 2 slabs of fish fillet from the supermarket (love it that it doesn't have BONES!)
After rinsing the fish fillet, rub some pepper, salt and a small amount of mixed herbs onto the fish fillet (on both sides).
Heat up a table spoon of olive oil and fry it for 2 mins each side on medium high heat.

Voila!!! Simple, but superbly tasty, if I may say so myself! :)

Bon Apetit everyone!


6 comments:

MeRy said...

Looks yummy..

Mama Bliss said...

Thanks Mery, it is yummy ;) hee... try the recipe sometime ;)

Rose said...

I am fish lover, I love simple recipe when it comes to fish. I usually love my fish steamed to preserve the nutrition but I don't mind having it fried once a while. Will love to try this recipe but first, need to find this mixed herbs. Dont know available over here or not, cos I never seen it before.

Thanks for sharing.

Mama Bliss said...

Great that you would try this recipe :) you may also use fresh herbs such as rosemary, basil, thyme if you can't find dried mixed herbs at the supermart near you ;)

CE said...

Hi, I tried it yesterday and it's easy to prepare and nice :) Just that my fillet is abit too thick hence will try other fillet next time.
The mix herb is great! Will use it for fried chickchop too.
@Rose, I bought the mixed herb from ShengSiong supermarket. Can't find it in NTUC though.

Mamabliss said...

Hi CE, Wow! Really happy that you've tried the recipe. For thicker fillets, you may pan fry it under medium low heat for slightly longer (approx 4-5mins each side).

Yeah the mix herb is really useful. I will try chicken chop one of these days... haha I used to use this mix herb/salt/pepper mixture on baking chicken (whole) and it is really yummy too! So easy and really fuss-free if you don't have a lot of prep time.

I think Rose is in the Philippines and not in Sg, dear. :)