Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas - A Season to be Grateful

Christmas, one of my favourite seasons of the year! And it's usually at this time of the year I'll take time to reflect and recount my blessings... Year 2010 has been an eventful year yet it has also been a year that passes by so swiftly (even more swiftly than I could take stock of)!

Regardless of which, I'm grateful to our Lord God for this wonderful year. It is nothing short of magical because we have experienced floodgates of His mighty blessings of love and provision!

The past two years have been a period of test! Test of our faith and perseverance... in spite of all the difficulties, nay-sayers and failures, we've weathered through it all because we have a faithful God! Year 2010 has been a year of breakthrough for us and I can only thank my heavenly Father for everything!

This Christmas, has been exceptionally meaningful to us because we are reminded of God's love for us through Jesus. The events that occurred throughout the year were definitely the work of His mighty sovereign hands!

Going through the Christmas story once again, made me feel that Christmas is indeed about CHRIST and not about santa claus, presents etc... and I was determined to share the true meaning of Christmas with my children so that they know Jesus is the reason for the season!
We celebrated Christmas and thanksgiving early with our cell group friends... it was a joyful and happy evening! To be able to catch up with friends, share a word of encouragement, counting our blessings with each other... was simply edifying!
What a joyful time we had!!!
As we go through the season of Advent, the kids were told the Christmas story... what better opportunity than Christmas to bring out the true meaning of Christmas to the children.
The kids worked on art & craft activities as the meaning of the Christmas symbols were being explained to them accordingly... it was one of the best ways to bond with them and at the same time impart the true meaning of Christmas to them...
There was Christmas activities that the school organized for the children and I was really thankful that the nativity story has once again been presented to my two kids... repetition truly worked in helping the kids retain the message.
And there was a nativity musical at our church... We had our very first holiday out of the country as a family... this wouldn't be made possible if it weren't for my Abba Father's provision!

Most of all... I am grateful for my loving husband and two beautiful children!

2 comments:

MamaJ said...

Blessed Christmas to you and your family! :)

SSL Certificates said...

I haven’t much to say on this time but you do great job and appreciate your blog.