Saturday, June 12, 2010

When We Were Home Bound

The kids have been down with flu for the past few weeks, and during weekends, we tried to restrict their outdoor activities so that they could have some rest... however, kids being kids, packed with loads of energy within them couldn't seem to just sit at home and do nothing.

I didn't really like to the idea of TV-baby sitting all day long, before they ran amok in the house and to keep my sanity, I came up with this activity to keep them occupied...

SCRAPBOOK :)
There were loads of photos that I had printed and wanted to put them into a scrapbook myself, but have left them sitting in the drawer for such a loooooong time... the more I procrastinated the longer those photos would remain in the drawer... so decided to drag them all out and let the kids put those photos into a scrapbook themselves! *beaming*
This is a great time buster as it took the kids about an hour to put those photos together and embellished them accordingly...
Great for those fine motor skills training as well as eye-hand-coordination practice. Plus it had given the kids a great sense of achievement that they were flipping through those albums over and over again - admiring their handiwork plus looking through their photos *smile*
I had a good time bonding with them while they were at work. Without much instructions from me, they just took off to do up these scrapbooks using their own creativity...
I wrapped those A5 size clear folder with plain coloured paper and they decorated it with stickers of their own preference...

This was really a great activity to do together... for so much family warmth was shared during the hour we've spent working on this!

1 comment:

Chor Ee said...

What a good idea! Thanks for sharing :)