Monday, June 14, 2010

She could identify those letters!

It's been a few months since I last did any letter learning with Little Missy, simply for the fact that I noticed she wasn't quite ready when I introduced the individual letters to her. While she participated actively in a few of those activities, the rest left us both frustrated at the end of the day.

I gathered that instead of getting myself worked up and in the event killing her joy of learning, I decided to just take a break (indefinitely) instead of insisting that she learn those letters, we did reading, art & craft and playing of games...

After receiving her learning report from the school recently, I discovered that she knew a few letters that was taught in school. I decided to pull out this alphabet book and we played a game...
We read through this book "How to Build an A" together... after which I "tested" her... for each letter that she could identify, I was going to give her a Fairy Sticker.
I have deliberately kept this booklet of stickers in a secret place and would only offer it to Little Missy for every piece of work she completed to reward her. So far she's taken to this system rather well, and has been rather motivated to do some learning activities that I've given her. It was likewise for Tim, for every reader or learning activity he completed he'll be given a sticker as well.
Little Missy busy picking out her choice stickers...
She was made to paste the stickers next to those letters that she was able to identify :) this sure made learning fun for her!

7 comments:

J@n!ce said...

Kids love stickers & that is just so motivating. I've done that for my boys too ;)

Rose said...

Bravo Missy!

Alice Law said...

We didn't teach my girl Juan Juan Alphabet, but since she learned the 'Phonical Alphabet' song(Rhyme with 'Skip to my Loo')she is able to indentify the 26 alphabet without fail!:)

I like the sticker tricks!;)

have a beautiful day ahead!

MeRy said...

Nice stickers..

Chor Ee said...

Very beautiful profile book. May I know what you do with those pretty learning profile books of the kids? I'm running out of space but they're too precious to discard.

Anonymous said...

My son Louis 2 yr 9 mths..he is able to write all alphabets A to Z (capital letter..i didn't really teach him..it just he follows/learnt fr my 4yo son whenever gor gor doing homework..maybe i can learn/adopt from you the way/what you are going to teach ur kids next..I just think that kids like colourful/creative way of learning..

Radiance said...

My son Louis 2 yr 9 mths..he is able to write all alphabets A to Z (capital letter..i didn't really teach him..it just he follows/learnt fr my 4yo son whenever gor gor doing homework..maybe i can learn/adopt from you the way/what you are going to teach ur kids next..I just think that kids like colourful/creative way of learning..