Monday, June 21, 2010

It's a Double Whammy!

Most of us might have the experience of running around a sick child. We know how that could throw us off balance from our daily routine and responsibilities... add that equation with two sick children and being sick yourself... that's a sure double whammy!

I've heard a friend who've said before "What can't kill you, can only make you stronger!"... well, I sure hope that this episode of the entire family (well, almost) taken ill will make me a stronger mom and person.

It's definitely not a very fun time we (hubby & I) have to put up with having no help at home and taking care of all the needs of the little ones... we didn't catch much sleep the past week as the kids couldn't sleep well either. Tim was coughing constantly and Little Missy's temperature was hovering around 40C for a couple of nights and would wake up a few times each night... then both kids will snooze throughout the day and refused to take their meals... when they were awake they'd watch TV all day long because I didn't have the energy to make sure they had something to do... gosh...

It was a nightmare - literally! Was glad to have finally made the decision to drag the kids to see the chinese physician at the TCM, after a few doses of the chinese medicine, they got better and today we've decided to put them back in school for half a day so that I could get some much needed rest as I've a workshop to run this weekend and I haven't got my voice back yet!!!

This time of being sick has taught me to be more conscientious about what I feed the kids (and myself) - more fresh fruits, vegetables & steamed/boiled dishes. To have a good habit of sleeping earlier each night and not overwork our bodies. Gotta take care now!

10 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Poor you! It must have been very tough indeed. All the best for the workshop this weekend, and may your 2 adorable kids recover fast from now on!

jean said...

hey pauline,
yes TCM always work better... at least for me and family.

get well soon. take care.

Chor Ee said...

Glad to hear that they're now better. How you make the kids drink the chinese medicine? They usually taste bitter.

Eileen W said...

Yes, it's so important to take care of our health! Afterall, everyone need us at home :) Hope your workshop will go well. Cheers!

ky said...

hi ... have been following your status in fb .. glad to hear it's better now. and it's true how tcm works better. I've gone thru' almost 1/2 yr to nurse a 3+ boy from one who falls sick frequently to one that does not now (the older one) ... might seem a lot of work going down that path when u start but will see result... we did TCM tuina btw near Jurong East MRT

Alice Law said...

Oh dear... wish you all a speedy recovery and do add some supplements into your kids' diet, it would help to strengthen their immunity! I heard my mom suggested, Korean ginseng would help to improve the lungs too!

Cheers and have a wonderful day ahead!

Ing said...

Seems like the flu bug is making its rounds. We got it these few days too and I can identify with you.

Stay strong and get well soon! Take care!
*hugs*

Daphne (motherinc) said...

OMG you too?? get well soon!

It's a flupedemic..

Mama Bliss said...

Thanks ladies, yeah we are definitely hit by the nasty flu bug! It's been more 2 weeks and we are all not fully recovered. Now hubs is getting the bug too (been coughing and all the works of a flu)... really hope this phase will pass quickly...

I still haven't found my "lost voice" just hope the situation won't get worse... :) so that I could run the workshop smoothly this weekend.

You ladies take care too and make sure to drink lots of fluids and pack up on those Vit C.

*HUGZ*

MamaJ said...

Hope everyone's much better now! And all the best for the workshop. Take care!