Saturday, June 05, 2010

A Day of Imaginative Play

The kids are both down with bad runny nose and cough so it's a home-bound weekend for us...so what did we do with SO MANY hours to fill and no help at home (the hubs at work)?

Tried my utmost best to limit the number of hours on watching the telly, we did some home learning activities and the rest of the time the kids came up with their own fun... ;)
Little Missy was into fantasy play by imagining herself to be a super hero with butterfly wings *smile* she was racing & hopping up and down the corridor singing (what she's learned from Hi-5) her favourite Super Charli tune. Kept her very busy and active for a good 15mins *wink*
My two kids have a natural fascination on boxes... not sure why, but I thought they were quite imaginative to come up with their own fun using those boxes...

Tim, made a "Frog Trap" using an empty tissue box; he made some "flies" using pipe cleaners and told me that these were going to be used as bait to catch frogs... interesting idea!

While Little Missy, made a bed out of a carton box. She's not been that vigilant in making her own bed but with this carton box she was so quick to lay the bed nicely for a "good night's rest"...

Thank goodness they were able to entertain themselves leaving me some time to get all the necessary housework done! *sigh of relief*

6 comments:

MeRy said...

Hope they wil recover soon..

Alice Law said...

LOL! I love imaginative children, as Albert Einstein quoted, " I am not a genius but someone who is highly imaginative" ^-^

A nice day to you!

wenn said...

children love to make play..

J@n!ce said...

My boys will easily entertained themselves with my iphone if I need to keep them away from me for a while to do my own stuff at home ;p

Jus said...

I loved the frog trap and flies idea! ;)

Daphne said...

Brilliant! Hope the kids get well soon yeah!