As a SAHM without a live-in helper, I would need to effectively use the limited time that's on my hands... after a month or two of adjustment, I finally decided to prepare more one-pot meals during the week as opposed to cooking the traditional 2 dish + 1 soup meals. This means less oil, less cleaning to be done.
One of our all time favourite one-pot meals is this super easy yet tasty & healthy meal!A way to make a nice naturally sweet soup base is to include this cob of corn (珍珠玉米). It's uniquely sweet, rather different from the ordinary sweet corn we get from the market.
All I need to do is to dump all the ingredients (except the prawns & macaroni) into the soup pot; bring to a boil then simmer for over an hour.Top it with your favourite garnish and voila a delicious and healthy meal!
2 chicken thigh
1 chicken carcass (bones)
2 cobs of corn
2 carrots, cut (optional)
200gms prawns, shells removed
Green Vegetables (optional)
Method of preparation:
1) Place chicken thigh, chicken carcass, corns, carrots into a pot of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for an hour over. Once chicken thigh is cooked, remove from the soup and tear the meat and side it aside for later.
2) Cook macaroni (boil in water for 12-15mins), set it aside for later.
3) Cook green vegetable, prawns (boil in water), set it aside for later.
4) Place macaroni, green vegetable, prawns and chicken meat into a bowl.
5) Once the soup is ready add 2 tbsp soya sauce to taste; pour it into the bowl of macaroni
6) Top it with chilli and spring onions