Friday, January 22, 2010

3 Weeks Later...

I can't believe that January is almost coming to an end! The kids have been in school for three weeks now and we've also been living without a domestic helper for three weeks (almost) now.

So much changes since the beginning of the year and I am thankful that the kids have settled into the school and I've gotten used to life without a domestic helper, more-or-less.
I guess, Tim has been in school for 2 terms last year and he's able to handle better being in school now...while I can't say the same for Little Missy (just yet). She's teary and insecure on most days while on better days, she could just enter the school with no tears and screams...I guess, she still needs a little more time to get adjusted, she's after all 2.5yr old...

I do miss the days I could bring the kids out on field trips and working on more homeschool activities without having to worry about the house chores. Now 90% of my time and energy are used up on grocery shopping, preparing dinner, cleaning the house, doing the laundry that I find myself completely exhausted and in no mood for any reading nor doing activities with the kids.

Am still learning to go easy on those endless amount of house chores and channel more of my energy to do more things with my kids... they are going to be in preschool for just a couple of years and I need to learn to treasure these moments with them before they enter formal school and have less time at home with me...

I am grateful that all's well thus far... :)

2 comments:

SimplyMom said...

I understand that very well. I have 5 kids age 9,8,6,4,7 mo with no helper. It's very tiring and I am inconsistently read books to my kids or doing activities with them. But, they learn a lot of things in the kitchen, so they usually with me in the kitchen. They learn science such as float and sink, things using electric, and learn cooking, chopping,stirring and so much more. I have not much energy after that to reinforce the learning by doing lapbook or simply recording the lesson. Usually stuck at preparation of doing that.

Hann Hann said...

mamabliss, 加油!

simplymom, you're simply amazing!!