Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Little Missy & Her Purple Tutu

It was such a joy to see the handmade item being appreciated by the person whom I've made for. It's been a while since I wanted to make a tutu for Little Missy. Finally I had the time to do so today. I got three different shades of tulle (off-white, lilac and purple) from Arab Street and I was on my way to get started...
Love that the kids are the best of friends together in spite of their daily "fights"

The no-sew tutu was such a breeze to make even though it took me the entire day (got the tulle around 10am, started cutting the tulle around 11am and knotting the tulle around 12nn - 6pm).

For the amount of tulle I cut, I was able to make 2 tutus... so one for Little Missy and one for her cousin QQ as christmas pressie :)
Little Missy totally loved her tutu. Once she had it on her, she was twirling around as if she was a ballerina... I don't know where she learned all those ballet maneuvers from, I certainly didn't teach her that. She seemed to have the potential to be a ballerina some day *smile*

11 comments:

Hann Hann said...

wah. if mummy has a daughter, teach her howta make k?

though she's no fan of ballet.

blurblur said...

Lovely!! I like purple!! :)

Angeline said...

Seriously, its BEAUTIFUL!!!
at least its not a single colour...
*smile*

Rachel said...

Love her poses...looks like u might have to sign her up for ballet classes in a couple of years. Never underestimate the allure of the tutu on a imaginative little missy :P Almost every little girl in their childhood years wants to be a ballerina.

Mama Bliss said...

Hann's mommy, sure it's very simple :) can send you the tutorial for the tutu :)

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Blurblur, I like the colour too even though my fav colour isn't quite purple though hee...

Mama Bliss said...

Thanks Angeline :) am glad you've stopped by my blog so often... I just visited yours and wow, thanks for sharing so much about yourself so honestly... I still lack the courage to share so explicitly about myself on my blog... you are a source of inspiration!

Mama Bliss said...

Yeah Rachel... if her interest persists next year, we'll sign her up... the tutu is really her way of expressing her love for twirling around hahaha made it just for her to dance and twirl...

The Preciousones said...

can give me the tutorial for the tutu too? thanks! celes

Joyce Long said...

awesome..hey..another biz idea : )

Anonymous said...

Hi, can you tell me w/c shop in Arab street selling the tulle? thanks :)