Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We've Decided...

Some of you might have learned that my domestic helper is returning to her home town soon... we've deliberated, discussed and decided...

That we are going to take the bold step of living without a domestic helper from January 2010 onwards. Honestly, I am a little apprehensive, and not sure if I can cope with all the housework, part-time homeschool and part-time work.

I am still praying hard for grace and strength...because for the past 3 years (almost), everything was taken care of by our domestic helper, in terms of housework and even the kids' daily needs... that I am actually guilty of being complacent.

That's why in my previous post, I mentioned about a major adjustment for us in the coming new year. We've decided to let our helper go back home earlier (ie. by end Dec) and have taken the plunge to send the kids to the child care centre on a half-day basis so that I could catch up on housework and other matters at home and outside.
We are pleased that we've found a place for the kids where they'd experience Christian influence... it's a child care centre that's supported by the Christian community. That's Little Missy, donning her uniform.

We witnessed that Little Missy was very drawn by the teachers and the activities that the kids in the class were working on when we visited the other day. We know, she'll enjoy school as much as her brother did previously.

It is also our hope that Tim would find school interesting and not run about in class anymore... beyond that I hope they'd be able to blend in well in a class room environment, afterall, they've been homeschooled all this time.

I am excited yet a little nervous about the coming new year... but I know everything will straighten out as we go along... just have to keep focusing on my Heavenly Father~

8 comments:

blurblur said...

Jia you! I'm sure things will fall into places. All the best!! :)

mamabliss said...

Thanks dear for your encouragement :)

Mamamie said...

Don't worry too much as there's a saying goes "船到桥头自然直”. We don't have to solely rely on maids on everything...like what you said, there's always part-time maid to engage if you really can't cope with it. At least you have all the privacy and freedom now :)

Joyce Long said...

Hi Pauline, you can do it...sure you can...trust us... :)

All the best in your new challenges

Blessed

mamabliss said...

Thanks Mamamie and Joyce... will have to take courage to make this change... :)

jean said...

God will grants you extra grace and strength...take care. You can make it :-)

God bless.

Kin said...

Hi Pauline,
Been encouraged greatly by your homeschooling methods for your kids. remember, I'm Kin , my girl used to be in TP church kindy too. wrote to u once. Just want to drop a note of encouragement for your great big step! I've made this decision 2 yrs back too. I am also workg part-time fr home, doing all the chores and taking care of my girls full time too. welcome to the club!!!! BTW, did I say, I'm also call Pauline,(Kin is my dialect name :>)

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Jean, thanks very much for your encouragement ;)

Thanks Kin, for your encouragement :) yes I do remember you :) it's great to have blogging friends who are also in the same phase of life as I am where I could draw inspiration from :)