Saturday, November 28, 2009

Reading and Games...

Tim is in such a huge craze for reading... so I decided it was time to drag the Speller Junior game I've bought months ago for him to play and learn...
The game was simple, so without much instructions given, he was able to take it and play on his own. He wasn't comfortable in spelling the word without looking at the letters on the card, so I just allowed him to play it the way he liked.
He was content that he was able to read the word after forming the word.
Learning through play... :)
I didn't know if Tim would like this series of BOB readers so I bought the one and only series.
To my surprise, he enjoyed reading the entire BOB Books in this series. Will see if I should get the rest of the series too...

Have to start planning for the next level of reading since Tim has covered the short vowel 'A' now... more planning to do from henceforth...
************************************************************
My childhood game, UNO, was a hit with Tim. We set those fancy cards aside, such as 'draw-two' etc and left only the numbers in the pack. We sat down and played this game for almost an hour and Tim didn't want to stop. Amazing!

Such games are definitely way better than sitting before the TV *smile* Tim learned to think, take turns and follow instructions/rules as we played UNO... will definitely play more of such games in future...

4 comments:

stardust said...

I just bought the BOB Books - Pre-reading Skills and Vince quite like them too

happyij said...

the bob books are interesting! Ivan used to love them few yrs back! ;)

crazymommy said...

We love bob books too! You should get the 3 series. They are really good. :)

Joyce Long said...

wow..uno!! Tim is very clever...

btw there is a spelling jig saw puzzle at toy r us..very good...some 3 letters, 4 letters ..at $4.95 I bought a few set for cherrlyn..you may consider that too..