Sunday, November 01, 2009

All About My Kids & Photography

I'm so back dated in my blog post that I don't even know where to begin. So here are some random pictures that I've taken of Tim & Little Missy, in my puny little attempt to learn to take better photos (you can tell I'm definitely an amateur hee).

I've been contemplating on getting a prosumer camera for a long time... for the very fact that I wish to take clearer & sharper pictures of the kids... so far, my Canon Ixus 860IS has served me quite well. My only qualms is that the shutter speed isn't fast enough as photographing kids who are on the move gets rather challenging for me.

Hubby has urged me to try using his Nikon D70s (DSLR) for a long time (as it's severely under utilized), but the weight and bulk of the camera simply turns me off. Hub suggested that I practice photographing the kids by using my current compact camera... picking up the tips and tricks of photography first before I take the plunge to invest in a more expensive camera.
The very first thing that I picked up in basic photography is the 1/3-2/3 rule. Photographing the subject not by placing them right in the middle of the picture. So here's a picture I took of Tim when he was enjoying a morning game with his sister in my bedroom. I love that smile on his face... charmer!
Little Missy singing to us... she was standing against the window where the glare made her look very dark without flash. So I turned on the flash and took this pic but that didn't minimize the glare from the window quite well.
Tim was moving a lot as he laughed and played so the picture didn't turn out clear under no-flash photography... but I just couldn't resist putting this up because of his happy smile.
Little Missy being very curious about the lens of my camera... she made a 'mark' on the lens after this pic was taken o.O
Cheeky Tim, peering from behind the toy in his hand...
Monkey-see, Monkey-do... Little Missy, mimicking everything that Tim did... *smile*
Little Missy, wanting a piece of hubby's breakfast... :) can't block out the background much, need a better depth of field which this camera can't achieve... sigh...
On days that I feel a little more energetic, I'd bring the kids to explore different playgrounds that are around our neighbourhood. On this day, I brought the kids to a playground that took us approximately 15mins walk to get there. Tim & Little Missy simply had a hay-day...
This was how they played at the slide that day... not by sliding but by hanging...
He's such a happy kid... it rubbed off on me every time I watch him smile and laugh...
Little Missy playing with the gifts I received from the Divine Getaway... she had her tresses chopped off by her mama... I think she looks better with longer hair... so no more bob-hairdo for her from now on...

1 comment:

Joyce Long said...

lovely pics.. : )