Monday, October 26, 2009

Clothes, Shoes & Handbags... they start young...

I wonder if it's a girl's thing... I know I love to hoard bags, shoes and clothes... I have a full cabinet of shoes to myself, whilst hubby shares his shoe cabinet with the 2 kids *grin* I have clothes overflowing into hubby's wardrobe...and not to mention the many handbags of different shapes, sizes and colours I have...
Recently, I've noticed Little Missy, really love the new clothes that I sew her. Even on days that we aren't going anywhere, she'll pull out dresses and insist on putting them on *faint*... I'll very often see her drag some of my handbags (obviously oversized for her) and walk around the house with them... when we asked her where she was going with the big handbag, she'll respond spontaneously, "I'm going shopping".... now you might think I taught her that but I didn't :P I suppose she might have picked this up whenever she was observing me... *scary*

Here's a video clip of Little Missy twirling happily with her dress at home even to the point of being dizzy...

I've also sewn her a new dress that she wants to put it on every time she sees it *faint* we have to resort to hiding the dress in the Daddy's wardrobe so that it's out of sight out of mind...
Here's Little Missy checking out her "new shoes" that were handed down to us by a dear friend whose daughter has outgrown all of them. The shoes were pretty new, some were obviously not worn before.
Little Missy trying on the shoes and parading in the house...
She loves shoes, clothes and bags just like her mommy...much of it must have been my influence on her... whoops!
**************************************************************

At 26 months she's already displaying a lot of independence and one of which is she wants to feed herself! Spare me a lot of trouble to be honest! *smile* While there is still lots of mess during her self-feeding, it's a good start at least she's enthusiastic about feeding herself...My Little Missy is growing so fast... *sigh of contentment*

6 comments:

Lilian said...

Little missy is so cute in her dizzy dizzy world, hahahaha...

wolfgirl said...

That is a beautiful dress!!!!

Mama Bliss said...

hahaha yeah Lilian... it was a comic relief for us when we watch her...

Mama Bliss said...

*blush* thanks Wolfgirl :)

crazymommy said...

She is so beautiful!

By the way, I notice that you are still giving her the baby spoon to self-feed herself. Actually if you let her use the normal stainless steel type of teaspoon or tablespoon, it may actually work better. Ever since I changed to use the stainless steel spoons for Niklas, I see much lesser spills and mess.

Mama Bliss said...

hey Crazymommy, thanks for sharing... will try that out with Little Missy and see if the stainless steel spoons work better on her... however, she's quite particular about her choice of cutlery so would have to slowly wean her off those kiddy spoons first...hee :P