Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Polliwogs

Was on the lookout for some place to bring the kids to so that I could steal a few moments of sanity... I came across this article from Mums-A-Musing... that got me really intrigued and all geared up to bring the kids for a time to exhaust those boundless energy...teehehe... 

We found ourselves to the Polliwogs at East Coast Park this morning rather easily. It's just a stone's throw away (a couple of minutes walk) from Marine Cove's Mcdonalds. 

The kids didn't know what was in store for them, hence, they kept asking me what it was and where were they going... 
When the door of the place was opened, I could see their eyes brighten up and they were just too excited that they couldn't wait to run into the gym area. What with all the colourful ladders and slides... the inviting ball pits and all... which child could ever resist wanting to enter into this great place of pure fun? *LOL*
In my haste, I remembered to bring socks for the kids but not for myself *duh*... hence I only send my helper in (paying $3 for a pair of socks for her) with the kids... while I sat down to read some parenting magazines...so remember to bring socks for yourself as well as for the kids if you are going to visit this place.
The kids can't have enough of it. They were rather reluctant to leave when it was time to go... so yeah... go check out the place if you are like me - need some time of sanity... *smile*
While we headed towards the underpass, we discovered cotton wool on the ground... and realised that there was a cotton tree at the place. I jumped on this opportunity to "teach" the kids about cotton wool... I love such incidental learning opportunities... 
With hands-on experience at the same time... no better time to learn about nature than to be in it!!! *smile*

1 comment:

Rose said...

Wow! the kids sure having fun at the gym! Yeah, next time you bring socks and have fun with them..... :)