Friday, July 10, 2009

Simply Homecooked - Secret Recipe

I am a lover of chicken winglets... cook it in any style it will always remain my favourite :)

Just a couple of weeks ago, I discovered a wonderful recipe that my dad handed to me... the chicken wings were simply delicious and the best part was it's soooooooo CRISPY and it's not even deep fried... cool!~

The secret to frying crispy chicken wings was actually so simple... hehehe...I used to think corn flour worked pretty well for me... but rice flour was even better! It didn't cause the fried chicken wings to turn soggy even after leaving it out for a while...

Here's the ingredients -
1 packet chicken mid-wing (approximately 600gms)
Rice Flour *(secret ingredient)
Bread Crumps (Japanese)
1 Egg beaten

Marinate for the chicken wings -
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
A few dashes of pepper

Method of Preparation -
Step 1) Marinate the chicken for over 2 hours
Step 2) Dip chicken wings into rice flour
Step 3) Dip chicken wings into beaten egg
Step 4) Dip chicken wings into bread crumps
Step 5) Leave the chicken wings to set for an hour
Step 6) Heat oil on high heat
Step 7) Lower the fire to medium and start pan-frying the chicken wings
Step 8) After the chicken wings have turned golden brown remove from pan and drain off oil
Step 9 ) Serve with dijonnaise or mayonnaise

Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

i cant wait to try it!! cool!! i happen to have rice flour at home!! thanks for sharing

YM said...

Thanks for sharing - I'll try it out soon!
btw, I tried your beef goulash from a previous post, and it is a lovely one-pot meal :)

Libby said...

Yummilicious :)