Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I am into gardening...

I am definitely not one with green fingers... but I know my mother is teehehe...anyways, what got me interested in gardening was a recent newspaper report about how some people turned their balcony into a mini vegetable/fruit garden... how cool!

The visit to Oh's Hydroponic Farm, got me really psyched up in planting some nice herbs for my cooking...
When I saw the little seedlings sprouting out, I leaped with joy that I've "successfully" planted something that's useful... *smile*
But some didn't grow well, just like this pot of Dill... I am wondering if it'd ever survive another week...anyways, that didn't kill the flame of my interest in gardening...
I got myself another two pots of herbs (Rosemary and Thyme) during my second visit to the Oh's Farm... and I've even baked a chicken with the two herbs I've bought.
Recently bought some more seeds from a DIY shop and decided to plant some more fruit and vegetables... made some plant labels and was all ready to work on planting! *grin*
I guess I am a practical person... I like to plant things that I could finally consume or have some good use of instead of admiring... so all that I've planted are all edible... *smile*... and there's my little herb, vegetable and fruit garden...

Ok am crossing fingers and toes tight now that they will all survive under my brown fingers... *wink*

5 comments:

Dawn said...

hey, where did you get those white and metal planter box from? its very nice. Do they have holes at the bottom?

And how about those tags for labelling your plants? where u get from? u just stick them into the soil isit? very nice!!

Inspiration man!

Dawn said...

hey, where did you get those white and metal planter box from? its very nice. Do they have holes at the bottom?

And how about those tags for labelling your plants? where u get from? u just stick them into the soil isit? very nice!!

Inspiration man!

wen said...

u even label it for each plant. very patient of u..

mamabliss said...

hehehe Dawn, the metal box planter box was from Ikea. As for the styrofoam box they are hydroponic planter box I got it from the Oh's Farm.

As for the plant labels, I can send it via email to you... I made them myself :P

mamabliss said...

Hi Wen, hahaha... hubby said I'm too free... *wink*