Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Smells Fishy...

Remember sometime ago I shared about my purchase of the Nordic Children's DHA? Well, recently, a friend asked me if the Nordic Children's DHA did work on my kids... to be honest, I can't really tell if it has worked or not on my kids... as I couldn't see the significance difference in my children...

I'd like to however, remember the benefits of fish oil that both hubby and I have taken time to check out on. I guess, as parents, we'd do anything for our children... that is for the benefit of them...not just the short term but the long term as well *smile*

1) Better Brain Function and Higher Intelligence. Pregnant and nursing mothers can have a great impact on the intelligence and happiness of their babies by supplementing with fish oil. For adults, omega 3 improves memory, recall, reasoning and focus. You'll swear you're getting younger and smarter.
2) Lower Incidence of Childhood Disorders. Just to show how fish oil fatty acids leave nobody out, studies show that children (and adults) with ADD and ADHD experience a greatly improved quality of life. And those with dyslexia, dyspraxia and compulsive disorders have gotten a new lease on life thanks to omega 3 oils.
(excerpt from Ezine Articles)

Here's an article in the NY Times "Feeling Good About Fish Oil" you might like to check out on *smile*

The long and short of it, fish oil definitely has its merits but we'd have to ensure that what our kids consume is of the purest and least contaminated fish oil. As these days fishes are prone to toxic contaminants due to the pollution in the sea.

I've just placed my new order of Nordic Children's DHA over at iHerb. And am once again sharing the advantage of ordering your bottle of Nordic fish oil from iHerb. It's definitely going to save you at least 30-40% off the retail price that's sold in Singapore. Even with the shipping cost included there's still going to be a huge savings. The delivery through USPS takes only about a week to arrive. Easy and safe!

For first time customers of iHerb, you could place your order and enjoy a US$5 off your purchase by entering this code MAM357 before your check out.

Good things are always worth sharing!!! *smile*

3 comments:

byihui said...

hi pauline, i'm a big fan of nordic naturals and iherb as well :) a tip for mums who worry that their kids may not take to the fish oil and therefore waste the whole bottle, they can drop by vitakids to request for free samples. for older kids, they come in capsule form that burst in the mouth - j loves it too :)

mamabliss said...

yeah my kids love it too...even though it smells fishy but bec it's in very small dosage so it's rather easy to feed the kids... :) I am so happy to have discovered Nordic naturals!

Rose said...

My kid take Scott Oil Emulsion and original taste some more. She never like the orange flavour. Never know how she can swallow and acquire the fishy taste.

I remember I took it when I was young and how I hate the smell and taste! :p