Tuesday, May 12, 2009

They are the reason...

the reason why I strive to be a better mom!

I recently got myself acquainted with the book Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman & Ross Campbell, due to my involvement in one of Focus On The Family's programs.

Through the book, I realized that even though I love my kids, sometimes they may not necessary feel that I love them... therefore resulting with some adverse reactions to certain situations... especially during times when I raise my voice at the kids, showing my irritation & impatience with them... also during times when I totally ignored their need of my focused attention... I get so hooked on the internet that I find them intruding into my "personal" space by climbing all over me when I am seated in front of the 'puter... or they'll run back and forth many times making some really ridiculous requests - I have failed to realized their need of quality time with me.
Mothers' Day this year, has a different significance to me... as Tim is at an age that he tries to please me... and he's able to take instructions and information better... I don't know when the teachers have been teaching the kids about Mothers' Day... but I have heard Tim mentioning about Mothers' Day gift and craft that he's been working on in school the past few weeks...

Although the gift & card were all prep by the teachers I am just content that he's able to tell me "Mommy, I love you"...way before Mothers' Day came... *smile*

Here's the little message that was written in the card (by the teacher of course)...

and here's the video that I make Tim read the words of the card to me *grin*... and he decided that he wanted to make me another gift out of his Montessori Toy...I feel so loved by my 3-yr-old... *sigh of contentment*

I want make it a point to be a better parent to my two little ones... they are growing so quickly hence the need for me to do my best to love them especially so during these crucial formative years...

3 comments:

Rose said...

We felt important again when kids saying those magic words right?? :)

LittleLamb said...

Happy Mother's day to u..

Joyce Long said...

so touching to see he read it to you..