Saturday, May 30, 2009

Messy Fun - 30 Day Challenge (Day 20-22)

I've been procrastinating... not sure why... perhaps there were just too many photos... it was also a vicious cycle... as I procrastinate I've more updates to do... well anyways... here were some of the stuff we did the past week...

Day 20 - Happy Cookie Baking
Since it was Tim's last term in school, I've been wanting to bake some stuff for his teachers in appreciation of the time and patience they've put into taking care of Tim the past two terms...
Got the cookie dough prepared and let the kids have some hands-on fun in making cookies...
Though the cookies weren't perfectly cut, but I like it that every piece of cookie had a character of its own... *smile* as usual... it's the process that mattered!
An eager beaver who couldn't sit still to wait for the cookies to be baked... I am sure he felt a sense of accomplishment as he knew these cookies were for his teachers and he was rather involved in the entire process. *grin*

Day 21 - Fabric Drawing and Blot Butterflies
Something new to both the kids and myself... fabric drawing... I'd imagine this to be something rather fun...
Little Missy was curious how such crayons could be made permanent on a piece of fabric...
Tim wasn't too enthusiastic about drawing on fabric as the fabric moved along with every stroke that he made on it... (read: frustrating)

5 minutes into this art, the kids decided to abandon it totally... they weren't enticed when I told them that I was going to sew their drawings into pillow cases... -_-

Decided to whip out some paints to do blot painting...something that was in the list that I've wanted to do for a while... I like it that there was a surprise element involved in this form of art...
These recycle paint pots were perfect for this art. I put one colour into each paint pot and placed an eye-dropper into each one...
This certainly caught the kids attention more than fabric drawing... *smile*
Little Missy's satisfied look would have given you a clue as to how happy she was while working on this piece of art...
A surprise awaiting Tim as he peeled open the blot paint work...
VOILA!!! Beautiful butterfly revealed!

Day 22 - Lazy Mom's Art
Was too lazy to whip up all the prep work for this day's Messy Fun Challenge... decided to just let the kids have some fun with simple painting... well, fun prevailed nevertheless... *grin*

1 comment:

pc said...

fun! fun! fun!

i must too, one day to get hy into baking fun:).

p/s: like the pic of joyce's sweet look