Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Messy Fun Once Again

Each day after Tim's back from school, I try to squeeze in some time where the two kiddos could play together and I could take a short break... before they are packed to bed for a nap.

And this day, we played with chalk by the corridor... this wasn't the first time we've drew on the floor of the corridor with chalk... still it provided the two of them great fun as this activity is revisited once in a while. (I've noticed the novelty waned if the activities were done over too many times in a short span of intervals and have learned to rotate the activities).
They merely scribbled on the floor and were just happy (rather I was happy) that they had some time to play together in "harmony"...

It was messy but definitely easier to clean up than paint and flour *LOL*
And just yesterday, we made cookies together... but with much tears and stress I must say... I've overlooked the time I needed to prepare the dough for the kids to roll... hence when I was back with Tim from school... I was in a frantic mad rush to get the dough ready before the kids' nap time.

That was done with Tim and Little Missy's great curiosity... you can imagine 2 young kids hovering around me while I try to measure the amount of flour, sugar, butter etc... you get the gist...

Finally when the dough was ready, the kids can't wait to have their hands on the dough to knead, pat and roll... Little Missy had additional ideas of including her Ikea masak-masak toy into this "play"... *fainted*... she was furious when I refused her... and she had to be haul away into the room for her nap with much tears and fuss...

Tim spent the next hour with me alone working on the cookies with the various cookie cutters... the end result wasn't too bad. The kids ate quite a lot of the cookies after their nap *smile*

3 comments:

Rose said...

this activity remind me on when i was young, playing chalks and act as teacher to my younger siblings. We take turn writing on the wooden wall instead of floor! :p

blurblur said...

I must learn a trick or two from you to let the boys play in 'peace' and I in turn can have some 'peace' as well..haha.. :P

allthingspurple said...

REading this brings back times I used to spend with Kimberly when she was the only child.Chalking the front porch. I didnt do that with Ashley. Now with 2, I dont find the time anymore. I am impressed that you made time for them. You are such an amazing mom !!

It's been a year since I did any baking with the kids !!! And now its just a mad rush for classes, projects, homworks, exams...sigh..