Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Ready To Rock & Roll

We are all set for a brand new season of a brand new playgroup! *smile*... Yes, the brand new Artful Lil' Hands will commence next week! *happy*

I am definitely not a very organized person... but recently, I just felt the need to be more systematic and organized... and set my priorities right!

Two weeks ago, I started working on the first lesson plan for the brand new Artful Lil' Hands, and have also recently gotten Lesson 2 done... I felt so relief that everything is panning out in a very orderly manner.

I wrote myself a to-do list (which I hardly do)... and have checked against all those items that I've completed... suddenly, I felt so super efficient *LOL* and have definitely accomplished a lot more...
These name tags were one of the items in my to-do list and I'm so so so so proud of myself to have completed it in an hour... *wink* Side track: all the 8 places in the playgroup for this coming week have been filled... Praise the Lord for the good response!

Now, I'd need to keep up the momentum and continue to be this systematic... otherwise, I'll slump back into my old habits of pushing everything to the last minute and run into panic station again...

Alrighty, will have to start working on Lesson 3's plan this weekend...my aim is to complete at least 2-3 months worth of lesson plans *smile*

10 comments:

WaveSurfer said...

Hi Mamabliss,
Just read about your Artful Lil' Hands and found that the concepts are very interesting. Too bad our child is still too young for it~ ^^
All the best for the sessions ahead!

mamabliss said...

Thanks WaveSurfer ;)

MommyAngel said...

Congrats Mamabliss on your artful Lil' Hands ........ too bad I am tooooooo far away to join your group coz they sure is very interesting!!

BTW, mind me asking where did you get the I'm ready to learn book? I try to search for it in our local bookstore last month but couldn't find it until I read that you have a copy too ..... thanks ya :)

mamabliss said...

Hi Mommy Angel,
The guide book "I'm Ready to Learn" was ordered through the US winterpromise.com it's not available in any bookstores dear... ;) it's a homeschool program.

MommyAngel said...

Ic ic .... thanks ..... actually I have come acrossed thier web site and was very interested to get a copy but didn't know that it's only available through thier web only, hehehe .... thanks ya :)

pc said...

hi there,
just want to wish you and others:
HAPPY re-OPENNIG~! ^^.

and happy rock & roll.

p/s: those 8 are very very lucky rockers *grin*~.

Anonymous said...

G'day!
that's a pretty interesting playgroup you've got there.
I just saw the clip whereby you'd taught 'A' - 'A' should actually be sounded 'air' instead of 'ah'.

mamabliss said...

Hello Anonymous, thanks for highlighting the sound of A to us...the one in the video is one of the mommies in our group.

According to a friend of mine (who's also a phonics teacher), it's not incorrect to say "AH" for the sound of A as there are words such as "Aunty" where A sounds "AH"... while of course there are more words of A that begins with the sound of "AIR"...

I've also checked out the British council learning English/kids/phonics web page, in which the sound of A was "AH" as well...

The Leapfrog Fridge Magnet also offers two different sounds of A, one of which is "AH" and the other being "AIR"... *smile*

Hann Hann said...

yup.

"air" is the long vowel while "ah" is the short.

all vowels come in "long" and "short".

Jessica said...

Hey there mamabliss...

A interesting blog u have here. Nway, what playgroup do u have? Or ur running a playschool? Pls do let me know..Thanks