Monday, February 09, 2009

My Big Little Girl...

Little Missy, has just turned 18 months, and looking back, I am somewhat guilty of not giving her the attention more than I should... now that she's 1.5-yr-old, I can't help but to realize how much she's grown and how far she's come...

Not much of her milestones have been recorded as compared to her brother's...but she's certainly achieved a lot more than we've expected... often surprising both hubby and me with her funny antics... *smile*... we would so often mention about her milestones in our conversations and smile with pride... though they are not recorded, they are certainly remembered fondly all the time in our hearts.

At 18mths, Little Missy, is now 87cm tall (beyond 100th percentile), while her weight, 11.4kg is not proportionate with her height (I half suspect that the nurse didn't record her weight properly). She's done with all her compulsory jabs and is now left with Hep A booster and Pneumococcal jabs to be done... this little girl is definitely brave, hardly utter a whimper in most of her jabs... I guess, girls have higher threshold in pain?

She's been very fast at picking things that we say... especially those undesirable ones...makes me sit up and be watchful of what I say... lest she starts throwing back at us those things that we've said...

She still screams at the slightest thing that she's unhappy with (especially when she fights with Tim), often cries with loud screams which we don't know how to stop her other than offering her what she wants... all these MUST change when she's older and understands instructions better...she takes the naughty corner like play... *fainted* not taking us seriously when she's told to sit at the naughty corner... sigh...

Both hubby and I are now discussing if we should put her in school next year... yes, she's one academic year behind Tim... unbelievable... both my babies have grown up!!!

I am very grateful for these two little darlings, they have made my life extraordinary... *sigh of contentment*

7 comments:

Dawn said...

ya, time passes so fast. It seems just like yesterday that I read your blog about Joyce being a newborn. Haha..

Quiskaeya said...

Hi! I found your blog at MBC. Oh can I relate to this post. I have a 14 month old and it seems like I just had him yesterday. Time flies when you're having fun. lol

Your children are simply precious. :)

Hann Hann said...

oo... I'm 2 years 8 months and only 90+ cm tall. think my weight is around 11kg too.

My mummy is sad that I'm not a tall boy cos she wants me to be tall and handsome. haha.

eh. not just girls have higher threshold in pain ok. I'm a boy and I didn't cry for all my jabs except one cos I had motion in my diaper.

MomsyWorld said...

she sure is thriving well under your care!

Pauline, love your creations...can I place order with you soon?

blurblur said...

She's certainly growing well! :) I'm contemplating of putting my little one in a school end of the year too...shall see how things progress.. :)

4malmal said...

her big round eyes never fail to put a smile on my face!
such a sweetie :)

Kristie said...

she is so pretty! :) happy 18 mths old dear :)