Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Moment of Sanity

Tim has been out of school for 8 days... as he's developed a series of flu and cough problems... he had a case of runny nose two Fridays ago and it eventually led to whooping cough... he has since visited 2 doctors and given so much medication that I have lost track...

Anyways, he's much better today and have since went back to school (after the teacher called twice to ask what's the matter with his absence)...

In those 8 days of being home-bound, I've to think up of more activities to keep the two kids occupied and to buy myself some sanity... so a couple of days ago, I dragged out their paints and palette and mahjong paper... made them do painting at our corridor... I've exchanged this activity for an hour long of sanity...

I sat by my main door and watch them paint...it was sheer bliss...and I'll let the pictures do the story-telling...
They each were given their own sets of paint brush, paint pots, paint palette and small containers of water...(no fights you think? - I wish...).
It eventually developed into finger painting...
and hand painting...
to water-play...
and messing up the entire paint area...
I guess for the kids it was more fun to play with water than to play with paint... it was a great one-hour of fun while I sat back to have a moment of sanity/peace... Both of them had all their fingers pruny and cold at the end of the session...

*side track*
Tim asked me why did his fingers turned pruny... and I was so glad that I borrowed this book from the library, "Why - The best ever question and answer book about nature, science and the world around you" by Catherin Ripley. I explained to him using the book, not sure how much of it did he absorbed but I'm glad I've learned something myself in the event of explaining to him... *smile*...

5 comments:

Kristie said...

hahhaha i like the idea of them making mess OUTSIDE the house hahha... :)

2ma said...

looks so fun!! but the cleaning part for the kids & corridor must be a headache for you

pc said...

i let hy did this in the house, on the floor. i thought the poster colours are removable on tiles, unfortunately not :(.

anyway, beside a moment of sanity, i do enjoy the focus look of hers. you did too, right?

Joyce Long said...

Hope Tim recover soon..Cherrlyn was having a bad cough, flu, phgelm too..partly due to the weather and from school..during the period..have to find something to occupy..really otherwise they get cranky

ya..when the kid is sick..we mother can go siao liao. I admired you handling two kids..

Oh thanks for sharing this book..look interesting

mamabliss said...

Hi Kristie, yes, it's good that they have a space to mess up and not in the house wahahaha...

2Ma, the paints was ok to clean up wait till you see my sharing on them playing with flour & water...kekeke...

PC, perhaps can try water colour the next time? you are right, watching them focusing on their paint work is intriguing... that's why I sat by the main door to watch them... *smile*

Joyce, Tim is better now except for an occasional cough that sounds phlegmy... he's otherwise back to his usual active and busy self.

I'm just blessed with a good helper...without her I think I'll be extremely stressed up... :P