Thursday, February 26, 2009

Messy Fun - Feet Painting

Another day of Messy Fun... today, I decided to let the kids play with paint again... albeit, not painting with brushes and hands (or so I'd hoped) hehehe...

Was going through the "Siblings' Busy Book" and discovered this idea...thought it'd be fun to give it a try...
My two very enthusiastic and "helpful" helpers... this time the paper wasn't pasted on the wall but on the floor... they were waiting in great anticipation as to what mommy was up to...*LOL*
I poured out some paint onto two separate trays and let the kids step onto them... they were not quite used to feet painting... hence hesitated a bit when I introduced this activity to them...
After a while, they got used to the idea and started walking up and down the paper leaving their foot prints *wink*
The urge to paint with hands and play with water was stronger and the feet painting was totally abandoned... they just went on playing with the small bucket of water and messing up the place with paint again... only this time, the mess was not so well controlled as the last time... they left foot prints all over the entrance of our apartment *fainted*
They then explored all the paint pots of paints, digging, pouring, smearing... and there was paint EVERYWHERE literally...
There were other opportunities of learning & discovery too for Little Missy... *smile*
When the game ended the kids had paint all over them from head to toe and even their clothes!!! Not sure if I'd try this activity again, ever... then again, the mess created in this wasn't as bad as the flour activity *LOL*

8 comments:

MommyAngel said...

Oh .... I saw paint splashed on your walls too .... mind me asking how are you going to get rid of that? What's the paint that you are using? That's sure is a lot of fun but I really cannot imagine 2 kids who needed to be clean up is waiting for you at the same time, how you manage that? I am eager to try that out too :) :)

Stacey Lim said...

It looks very fun, hmm...I'm thinking of planning one for my little ones but maybe start off with hands 1st!
But did little Missy put her painted hands into her mouth?
I'm quite worried for that. Coz the paint looks colorful so I'm worried that my little ones will wanted to taste.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Jusr checking what type of paint are you using ? normal water colour ? Will your missy put them into mouth ?

From the pictures posted, yoru neighbour wont mind at all of the mess ?

Cheers,
Mico

Arkerchi said...

hi,

Was about to ask the same question as Mico... are you able to get all the paint out from the ground?

mamabliss said...

teehehe...yes... the paint i used wasn't water colour and therefore had left stains on the floor... am asking my helper to scrub it daily with soap hopefully can get rid of the stains otherwise, may have to use kerosene to wash it off... hehehe now my corridor looks like a loan shark has just visited :P

Thankfully the stains on the wall was able to come off... otherwise my neighbour is going complain... ;)

HN said...

You are one adventurous and hardworking mommy! Looking at the mess and chaos, I don't think I will try on my kids :P *darn lazy yaaa*

2ma said...

u r such a cool mummy!! u let ur kids explore with almost everything!! great!!

Kastina said...

Lol, Omg!!! sooo sooo soo cute.