Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sew Sweet...

I have thought about sewing something for Little Missy that caught my fancy quite a while ago... but having to put everything together took me a while to "crank up" my procrastinating butt...

It all started with this outfit that Haley's little girl, Emily, wore on that day we visited the SAM...
The outfit on Emily, was great... and I later found out that it was bought from the UK... so it got me thinking... with all the patterns I have at home, perhaps I could put something together for Little Missy...
The outcome was something similar... I found a polka dot fabric that matches the green floral fabric... This is my "creation" with a mix and match of patterns... *smile*... the pants is something I had to talk about too... teehehe... I saw in a japanese pattern book some time ago but it didn't come with the full-size pattern so I had to modify another pattern of a bloomer to create this pair of pants with leg cuffs... the end result was satisfactory though it took great efforts to put on those leg cuffs...

I've recently discovered this wonderful website that offers free patterns for baby's clothes... here's a similar pattern for the pants with leg cuffs... it's named Pumpkin Pants... check out the rest of the patterns that's available on the site too... one of my to-do items is the bloomer with ruffles...the instructions are in Japanese language though, but given the step by step picture guide, it shouldn't be difficult for those who have basic sewing experience *grin*

Too bad the outfit I sew is a tad too big for Little Missy at this time... I guess, in another 6 months the attire should fit her nicely... ;)

Sew happy!~

6 comments:

Creative B Bee said...

This is soo..sweet!!!Hope that i also know how to sew it!!

Joyce Long said...

Gosh!!! Pauline..You are so wondrous mommy..can figure out the Jap language..

Yr lil Joyce new clothes is absolutely lovely..wish I can be like you...

Weight Loss said...

Hi moms... A great article here about water and your weight loss for those of you moms trying to loose weight. Hope this helps you out. let me know if this is usefull or ill stop blogging. *laughs*

emergevictoriousoverfat.com/WaterExercise

mamaseah said...

what else to say? but NICE LOR!

Wonderful Life said...

Very sweet & nice! Btw, the website is in Japanese wor... you know how to read japanese??

mamabliss said...

hehehe...Wonderful Life, I don't understand japanese language but I guess from the step-by-step picture guide to figure my way around those tutorials ;)