Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Domesticated & Finesse

It's been a while... a loooooooong while since I last baked a loaf of bread... over the weekend, the Gardenia bread we usually consume ran out and I decided to bake ourselves a loaf... since I have the ingredients sitting on the shelves collecting dust and are running close to expiry...
I have always enjoyed a loaf of herbal nut bread... and decided to bake this loaf once again. I remember spending about $3+ for a Gardenia's Country Loaf and this loaf that I baked tasted just as good...teehehe...

It was even more gratifying when I spread a thick layer of home made kaya to go with... oooh *salivate*

I should continue experimenting some more bread recipes since Adeline loaned me a wonderful book of bread recipes... I think the next bread I'll try my hands on baking is the Rosemary Focaccia... stay tuned... *wink*

********************************************************
Anyone heard of Jill Lowe? She's quite a reputable image consultant here in Singapore. I was privileged to be invited to an event hosted by a ladies group from my SIL's church. Jill Lowe was the speaker of the evening...and the group of us had a wonderful time of learning from Jill.

She's a petite lady with tremendous poise and finesse... she has a great sense of humour and she's a devoted Christian... loved her session so much it gave me the urge to want to sign up for one of her lessons... alas it's a wee bit too pricey...

In the mini workshop, Jill shared with us about colours... the 4 seasons palette... and how colours work wonders on each of us as they often sends a message "wirelessly" - as described by Jill, to others about us... the colour of the blouse that I wore that day was completely wrong on me... *blush*...it's a green that belongs to the Winter palette and Autumn palette suits me best; olive green would have been a better option...hmm... now I'd seriously need to look into what are the colours I need to get for myself in order not to look like I'm badly coordinated...

I must say, it takes work to look good and feel pretty... for a lazy person like me, I guess it'd take me extra efforts to achieve the level of finesse that Jill talked about that evening... as the chinese idiom goes "there is no ugly women in this world, just lazy women"... ;P and I happen to belong to the latter... eversince I became a SAHM, I hardly even bothered about putting on make-up or dressing up... perhaps it's about time for me to re-look at my habits and take efforts to try to look good, well at least for my hubby... teehehe...

8 comments:

J@n!ce said...

My hub attended a talk by her many years ago organized by his company. She has an office in AMK Hub :)

Joyce Long said...

Wow...both of you look so pretty in this photo.

blurblur said...

I attended a talk by here many years ago, organise by my ex-co...and I must say she's really good! But i've forgotten which 'palette' I belong to..haha..like you, I seldom dress up after becoming a SAHM...guess I really gotta put some effort! :)

Hapi said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

Lilian said...

You look so pretty in the photo! Is the photo taken recently?

mamabliss said...

Hi Janice, yeah, Jill Lowe has many outlets in S'pore... she must be doing very well... :)

Thanks Joyce... teehehe *blush*

Hello BlurBlur, yeah...lets all put in some efforts to look good together...heh heh... cos when we look good we feel good too!

Yes, Lilian, the picture was taken last Sunday... ;)

Angie said...

i think i have her book! i cant rem which "season" i belong to bt i like to have a variety of colours in my wardrobe (although the dominant colour is black/ grey) to match my mood. :)

2ma said...

wow, u can sew & bake!!! so "keng"!!! salute to u!!