Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's The Season To Remember...

It's that time of the year again where there are lots of merry making and parties to attend... but as I attended a party just yesterday, I find myself asking... do we really know why and what we are celebrating? What's all these merry making and parties about?...

Is it party for party sake or party because of a higher and deeper reason...
We feasted at a beautiful place where home-made style gourmet food was served... the hosts were warm and welcoming and so was the party crowd... we felt really at home...
The food was fabulously delicious - no doubts about it...
Beautiful festive decorations to set the place in the mood for Christmas...
Gastronomical desserts to end the meal with something sweet...
It was a party hosted by my sis-in-law's cell group members... during the celebration, we were reminded of the true meaning of Christmas... and every year at this time, we celebrate and enjoy the season's holiday... we also remember that this is the day that the Lord has specially made for us... a day when Jesus was born... where God brought himself closer to us...that's why we celebrate...the Christmas Story goes like this...

Too much emphasis has been put on santa claus and gift giving that the true meaning of Christmas has been diluted... I just want to share that (borrowing from the song lyrics) "Christmas isn't Christmas till it happens in your heart... somewhere deep inside you is where Christmas really starts"... I sometimes wonder why of all the seasons of the year, Christmas always made me feel at peace... and it's a season I've always enjoyed... it just made my heart feel strangely warm... *smile*

I guess the answer to that is because I have Jesus in my heart... blessed Christmas my dear friends...

3 comments:

Joan D'Arcy said...

i agree with you that nowadays, christmas is celebrated with lots of hyped! I hope and try my best to introduce the true meaning of christmas to the kids. Hubby always remind us that we must always link cristmas to the church, its a day where Jesus was born.. not so much of Santa/tree.

Anyways, wishing you and your family a blessed christmas. May God bless your little family always.

I love that song too.

LZmommy said...

You are so right! :) That's what I explained to my kids too and I'm glad my kids learn more about it when they attend the church party.

A very Blessed Christmas to you and all at home.

Joyce Long said...

Pauline..thanks for sharing the meangingful of christmas..Blessed all your family...Merry Christmas and Happy New 2009 ahead..