Thursday, October 16, 2008

Simply Homecooked - Simply Pasta Aglio Olio

Just one of those days that I wanted something simple to the taste bud... something fuss-free and easy to whip up...yet not compromising to eating healthily :)
I love the pasta with a garlicky taste in olive oil (ie. Aglio (Garlic) Olio (Olive)) and hence I chopped up lots of garlic for this dinner that I am preparing...
Chopped up some green capsicum to add to the flavour... you may also add chopped tomatoes (which I've ran out of that day)...
Included some boiled prawns to add interest to the somewhat plain taste...
Boiled the spaghetti till Al Dente (takes approximately 12mins) and rinse with cold water. Set it aside.

I stir fried the garlic with olive oil (taste better in extra virgin olive oil really)... added the capsicum and fry for a while more before adding the prawns and red cut chilli...and finally the pasta just seconds before ceasing fire...
Voila!!! Serve with a dash of black pepper and a little salt to taste.

No comments: