Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Simply Homecooked - Simply Beef Stew

Since I've tasted The Soupspoon's Beef goulash, I can't forget the wonderful taste of the stew served with home made bread... and have made this dish on my own several times...

This time, I'll share the ingredients to my version of the beef stew... it's no rocket science really...
Select prime beef and marinate it with 2-3tsp of paprika and 2-3tbsp of cornstarch (enough to coat all the beef)... I added a little bit of black pepper into the marinate as well... chuck that into the fridge for over an hour or so...
This is the beef I've used... bought from the supermarket... cleaned and all ready to be marinated.
I chopped up some carrots, potatoes, large white onions and tomatoes... for variety, you may also add leek and/or celery...

With a Knorr Beef Cube blended into 1-2cups of hot water (you may also add some red cooking wine if you like), I just put all the ingredients together and stew it in a slow cooker for over 4 hours or until beef is tender and soft...the aroma seeping out from the cooker will fill your entire kitchen that you can't wait to take your first slurp of the stew... (that happened to me over the many times I've made this dish).
Serve it with some iceberg lettuce salad with cherry tomatoes topped with Italian salad dressing...and of course some delish homemade bread/bun...there you have a meal in itself... *wink*

Bon Appetit!

7 comments:

crazymommy said...

I also have a similar version of the beef stew. Similar ingredients, but I add celery chunks and cook them in beef stock with some red wine. However, I don't marinate the beef in advance becos I'm super lazy and I dont use paprika.

BTW, I tried your steamed herbal chicken recipe. Nikita loves it! I think I will make again next time. Thanks for sharing your simple meal recipes. :)

Mommy Mash said...

wow!! yummy yummy!!!
been wanting to do beef stew but the receipe i found are more steps than yours. Being lazy bum, i havent try the dish.
Yours so much simple and hassle free! great for someone like me who dun really know how to cook!! haha..will try out soon.
by the way, can J eat this too?

4MalMal said...

this looks so yummy! I ought to give it a try!

mamabliss said...

Wow Crazymommy, thanks for sharing your experience on the Herbal Chicken... really glad that Nikita loved it... ;)

mamabliss said...

Hello Mommy Mash... yes, J can eat it if he's been fed with beef before... Tim loved it when I mixed the stew with boiled pasta... ;)

mamabliss said...

Hi Rachel...yes please do give it a try...it's really simple... just dump everything into the slow cooker voila!!! *smile*... perfect for the busy SAHM.

allthingspurple said...

Wow, thanks for sharing. That looks easy enough for such a delicious looking dish. I may just up and go get myself some knorr beef cubes to try this out !