Friday, October 10, 2008

Simply Homecooked - Cold Lunch, Warm Heart...

Sandwiches... one of the simplest meals to whip up and one that requires the most minimal cooking on the stove *wink*

Somedays, I'd prefer not to cook but to prepare something really simple for hubby...that I don't have to stand before the stove with all that oil splattering all over my face...
Tuna sandwich is something healthy and rather easy to prepare... I bought a small can of chunky tuna flakes... and emptied it with half the content of olive oil... cut one apple into cubes and added some chopped onions, a tbsp of mayonnaise and sprinkle a little white pepper... mix them all together...and the sandwich mix is ready... *smile* easy peasy?!
To complete the sandwich I fried an omelette (the only item that requires cooking)... and a few leaves of iceberg lettuce...and voila...a meal for lunch... :)

6 comments:

Rose said...

Hi Mamabliss. We always have homemade sandwiches at home during the weekends. :p Simple and easy to make. usually my sandwiches would have bacon/ham, eyes, lettuces and tomatoes. Yum yum.

have a nice weekend to you and family

Rose said...

Hi Mamabliss. We always have homemade sandwiches at home during the weekends. :p Simple and easy to make. usually my sandwiches would have bacon/ham, eyes, lettuces and tomatoes. Yum yum.

have a nice weekend to you and family

pc said...

adding apple(cubes)... will make this for my lunch...thx dear.

mamabliss said...

thanks Rose!

Hey PC, remember to soak the apple cubes in salt water so that the apples won't oxidize so quickly... ;)

Emily said...

Hi!

I am so gonna use the same ingredients the next time I have tuna sandwich! I think the omelette brings the sandwich up a level or two!

mamabliss said...

Hi Emily, glad you found the recipe useful :) yes, the omelette does make the sandwich taste better ;)