Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sew Fun

I've been dying to sew but for a while I haven't got the time to do so... as I've been really busy with all the searching & viewings... finally I had some time to myself!!!

And I sure enjoyed this time of sewing therapy... as I've completed 6 bloomers and 4 blouses this time... *beaming*
I am particularly satisfied with this set of outfit... *smile*... this was something I've envisioned - the floral top with a matching brown gingham bloomer... and I finally had it done...who says girls must always wear pink? I love this turquoise blue floral fabric... I can just imagine Little Missy dressed up in this outfit... *wink*
The bloomers are basically from the same pattern (modified) I just had 6 sets prepared and sew them all at one go... while the blouses took a bit more time... I like the plain singlet that I've bought and improvised it with gathers in the front panel...inspired by one of the Japanese pattern books. Transforming something plain into something unique ;)

I shall prepare to sew more skirts the next round... hmmm.... more fun to come!!!

Now my life-size "barbie doll" has so many new outfits yaay!!! *LOL*...

14 comments:

Leng Leng said...

Hi, very nice creations. If only you are selling them, will definitely buy some for Sarah.

mamabliss said...

hey lengleng...so nice to have you drop by my blog... thanks for your compliments :)

I just might be selling clothes that are handmade by me soon...as I figured Little Missy won't be able to wear all those clothes I've sewn as we don't go out much... and in order to satisfy my sewing craze, I just might sew to sell soon... *smile*

Rachel said...

These clothes that you have sewn for Joyce is simply adorable! I must say that you really have a talent for this. Will surely buy some of your creations if I had a little daughter :)

Javier & Jeanie said...

Joyce is so fortunate... can wear so many clothing sewn by mummy... Too bad I can't sew at all and ended up buying and buying keke :)

pc said...

yup, i too like the blue floral top with brown gingham bloomer.

i will buy too if you are selling:)

etceteramommy said...

Wow.. the clothes are awesome. You're sure talented in this. Let me know when you intend to sell them... :D

Wonderful Life said...

Wow... you're so talented leh! Can cook & can sew some more...

The clothes are so adorable. Can't wait to see your girl wearing them. Remember to post her photos ya... ;)

Bonnie said...

Nice work. You are talented! I wish I can sew too. And you should selling them. If I have a girl I also want to buy. HEhe

moohanloh said...

Hi, would like to know where you get ur gingham material??

Mummy of 2 lil precious said...

so lovely!!

4MalMal said...

love it love it! and who says GIRLS have to wear PINK! I am quite sure if I ever have a girl, she will have little pink in her wardrobe! haha

PasserBy said...

Hey do sew more clothes for tim please.

mamabliss said...

wow i must say I am overwhelm by all your lovely comments... :) thanks so much dear mommies... and yes, I haven't forgotten about Tim... I have some plans to sew a few shirts for him since he's outgrowing most of his shirts now... *smile*...

And yes, once I've found more time, I'm seriously considering to selling the stuff I sew... pls give me your support then ya... thanks so very much!!!

mamabliss said...

hello Moohanloh, I got the brown gingham quite a long while ago which I can't even remember where i got it from...but you can find the brown gingham at the Textile Centre... it's quite hard to track down brown ginghams these days... I've been looking around Chinatown, Spotlight and Textile ctr only to find it avail in Textile ctr... hope that's useful info to you :)