Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Parenting With Confidence

Being a parent is an important job and many of us want and strive to be a better parent everyday... I recall, me, the KS(kiasu) parent, who signed up for the Parenting With Confidence(PWC) workshop organized by Focus on The Family, when I was still expecting Tim... wanting and prepping myself to be a parent...

No matter how much I prepare, the learning never ceases... as I've said sometime ago, children don't come with "operating manuals"... but I must say, the PWC workshop has given me a head start in my learning as a parent... at that time, I don't have a child to practice on thus have forgotten most of what I've learned...

Two weeks ago, both hubby and I completed the PWC facilitator training and have an opportunity to revisit all the materials we've been presented previously all over again... and this time, we can identify with a lot of what has been transpired... and I have even started to use the tips taught on Tim (now I have the opportunity to practice the theory that I've learned *smile*).

Parenting is both a rewarding and sometimes exasperating experience... with the understanding of how each child is the same yet unique (life is such a paradox sometimes - heh heh)... the road to parenting can be a fun and memorable journey... important thing is to be able to take stock of where we are in our parenting journey and take time to learn and do what is good for the benefit of our children as well as our sanity...

Enjoy your parenting ride! *smile*

3 comments:

Ron Jun/Megan said...

Hi...

I'm interested to go for this lesson leh but too bad time and venue not so convi for me leh...looks good ah!!!

mamabliss said...

Hi there... we are planning to run the PWC workshop soon... if you are keen I'll keep you in mind and inform you when the workshop is about to commence... :)

Ron Jun/Megan said...

yes pls...do keep me inform..btw where do you stay?