Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ikea Toys...

Both Tim and Joyce were absolutely thrilled when we showed them the new toys we've bought them... (an indication of how bored they were with their existing toys)...

We don't buy a lot of toys for the kids simply because we feel that they get tired of them easily and bulky toys tend to take up space... plus we don't know what to do with them when the kids have outgrown them (other than giving them away)...

Hubby and I spent some couple time at Ikea shopping and dining... but at the end of the day, 70% of our total bill were on the toys and items we've purchased for the kids... *smile*... the "price" of being parents?
I've seen how many families have at least one or two toy items that were purchased from Ikea and have thought (for a long while) of getting some for Tim. After watching how Tim enjoyed playing "masak-masak" with his existing toys, I told myself I MUST get him some proper "masak-masak" toys...

Fell in love immediately with this set of cookery toys when I saw them at Ikea today... it's a miniature of real-life cooking utensils (very Montessori style)... and for once, Tim, will not pull out my pots and pans to play!!! *hooray!* Great opportunity for them to learn the names of each of the utensil as well...

Both Little Missy and Tim had so much fun with this set of toys that they played with it for a long while...
This train set was what Tim always pulled out to play at Jenny's place. I've made a mental note of purchasing this set since months ago... and finally we've got Tim his very own set of train to play with...
I had wanted to create a dress-up box for the children...and finally saw these dress-up kits at Ikea today... bought 2 to "test water" as both kids don't like things to be put on their heads and faces...

But had a pleasant surprise that both of them were very enthusiastic about these dress-up kits... not bad... should buy some more then... ;)

We have also gotten a set of Finger Puppets for some dramatic and fun play...when I read stories to them these finger puppets will certainly come in handy... *wink*

Both Tim and Little Missy had a wonderful evening of playing with their new toys... am glad that they are happy... now that they have more choices of toys to play with, I can have some respite then... *happy mama*

3 comments:

Ron Jun/Megan said...

U r absolutely right, we spend most of our money on our kids...I also make a habit not to buy expensive toy for my boy, he will also play with my kitchen utensil. Some of this toys are hand me down from friends and neighbours...notice they get bored over toys easily no point buying so much.

Joyce Long said...

Wow..get wait to bring my Cherrlyn to play with your kids on your new toys...I like the dress up set..which I think Cherrly will not want to put them on..but honestly that is a good set for the kids on imagainative play..

Joan D'Arcy said...

I agree too that the kids will get bored with toys easily.. We dont buy toys that are battery-operated, coz we think that not much discovery there, just a press of a button and it gives everything! Hope we will have Ikea in the place where I live.. I wanted to get the masak2 set but couldnt find the ones that are similar to the real one.. ;)

Doing great job, mom!