Thursday, October 16, 2008

House of Treasure - Library

My all time love... BOOKS!!! And in my attempt to encourage Tim to love books as much as I do... I brought him to the library (finally!) that's just 10mins walk away from our place...
It was a nice cool morning (after the rain)...so we took a slow stroll to the library...just mother and son... as we walked along, Tim, being the chatter-box can't stop telling me stories and describing things that he saw along the way... amazing how a quiet boy he was then has turned into such a chatty boy...nevertheless, I responded with "oooh... yes...ok... what happened... what's that... why was it like that..." etc... I just allowed him to talk as much as he liked and encourage him to talk more with all those responses.

We came to the library...but Tim was not the least bit excited about the books as much as I was... hmmm... he was too distracted by the water fountain that was outside the library...and the vast amount of space in the library just intrigued him to want to run more than to read... *fainted*...

Well we shall visit the library more often henceforth... and I must say, the library has such HUGE amount of children's books, I really don't know where to begin (so it's no wonder the young lad was distracted)... hmmm... perhaps I should build up my home library further... I can imagine hubby's worried face...*LOL*

No comments: