Sunday, September 07, 2008

They have grown...

Isn't it a joy to be able to see how far you've come along with your children...as you witness how they have grown between now and then... I am certainly basking in such joy and wonder...

As I reflect often, on how both Tim and Joyce have changed physically, cognitively, socially... I can simply say, I am amazed...
Tim our firstborn, came into this world slightly premature (@ 36.5wks), was hospitalised in the NICU for 7 days due to lung infection... Now, he is a healthy, happy & joyful 2.5yr-old... he's exhibited great independence for his age... and on many occasions, he's shown me how playful, sweet, gentle, focus, patient and sensible he's been... I am thankful and love him for all he is...

He is definitely more vocal now... with his increased vocabulary, he's better at speaking his mind and definitely less frustrated these days on communicating his needs to us.

He's happy playing by himself for a longer period of time... and would very often drag things out of the kitchen cabinets such as measuring cup, measuring scale, funnel etc and engage in some kitchen fun on his own... he definitely has a mind of his own when it comes to imaginative play... saves us some $$$ on toys *smile*

He continues to surprise us with the things he says and does everyday... I often wonder what his little brain is thinking about...

Little Missy born at a weight of 2.6kg was scrawny and puny... but she is now at a whopping 10.7kg and much stronger than Tim when he was at the same age - unbelievable! At 13months she's achieved many milestones that I haven't record much of...

1) Her speech development has sped off real quickly... she's able to mimic the words we teach her very well... she's now able to tell us she wants the baw (ball), book, bag, bre (umbrella), bubbles, mum-mum (eat), more (often asking me for more food), po-po (her maternal grandma), she's able to point to the moon and say "moon", she calls da-di (daddy) every morning when she awakes...she calls mama when she sees my photo...

2) She fights fiercely when her brother attempts to snatch her toy away... and she'll usually run away with murder because of her screams, her brother often have to give-in to her... *shake head in disbelief*

3) She's able to walk a few more steps (rather wobbly) on her own without aid...

4) She's better fine motor skills...able to hold a crayon and scribble better now... flipping the pages of books effortlessly, she's able to pick up tiny objects with a stronger pincer grasp...

5) She now has 4 teeth...with the upper central incisor cutting through at early Aug (left); and early Sep (right).

6) She surprised us by not crying or uttering a sound when she had the Chickenpox jab recently...

6) I see a lot of myself in her... she's hyper active, impatient and head strong... *shudder*

I am grateful to have been a mom to these two children... and I know my sacrifice and efforts are all worthwhile as I watch them grow day-by-day... this is what I live for... and love about...

2 comments:

Joan D'Arcy said...

Your kids are wonderful! Kids definitely grow up very fast! You definitely make the best time being with them.. before we know it, they'll be "Mama, please give me my own space".. hehehe.. I dread when that happens! Ouch!

Angie said...

对我来说,看到孩子长大是一件非常快樂的事,可是又让人非常不舍的事。好矛盾!!