Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Still Learning...

to be a good mom... and it seems like there is still a long way for me to go...

It has been my deepest desire to be a good mom...but recently, as Tim acted up more often... I am beginning to doubt my abilities...it's during occasions like these I'll wonder if I am really cut out to be a full-time mom...

I remember I was a wonderful parent before... I was an expert on why everyone else was having problems with their kids until I became a full-time mom to 2 kids myself...that's quite a humbling experience...
But the joy of being a mother certainly surpass all struggles and challenges that I meet daily, as I try to deal with the needs of two very different and very young children... I need to reflect on the ways I deal with each of them... and re-learn all that I've picked up from the Parenting with Confidence workshop as well as the very many parenting books and even videos I've acquired.

Besides devoting time, love and doing all the things I am already doing now, I need to put in more PATIENCE...which is one element that has been running thin since I became a SAHM. But my kids... have always shown me their side of patience with me...especially Tim... he is always very forgiving and sweet... and sometimes after a bout of angry outburst from me, I felt that I was the one who was throwing temper tantrums...while Tim remained calm and collected... hmmm food for thought...
Neverthelss, it's a journey of endless learning... I truly hope and want to strive to be a better mom...since the children don't come with an operating manual, I'd just have to learn on the job as a parent and pray more that this long journey of motherhood would be fruitful, not just for myself but more for my 2 beautiful kids that God has placed in my hands to care, love and nurture.

Chanced upon this site with a wonderfully beautiful prayer from Mommy Ing’s blog... and this too is my prayer for my children...

9 comments:

Leng Leng said...

My sentiments too. Until I had #2, I thought I was doing okay as a mom. But when #2 came, I just felt so inept as a mom to 2. But I have learnt to take it all to the Lord, and to seek His wisdom and strength.

mamabliss said...

yes Leng Leng, it's so different being a MOT... but you are right to bring it all to our Lord... since He has blessed us with 2 kids, He will certainly equip us... :)

Joan D'Arcy said...

U are a good mom.. very sure about it! :)

pc said...

yeah, u r a good mum! i guess, next thing to learn is 'dont doubt your self' LOL.


我们一起加油吧~! ^_^

Ing said...

Reading this makes me well up with emotions. Just had another time of my patience being greatly tested by Isaac 2 hours ago. Understand exactly what you mean here. I'm feeling unsure sometimes, am I a good mother? :(

mamabliss said...

Hi Joan, thanks for your encouraging words... :)

mamabliss said...

Hello PC... *smile* thanks dear... you are really sweet...

mamabliss said...

Hi Ing, you are definitely a good mom... we all want to give the best to our kids... but we are imperfect just as our kids are... so we all need to learn as we grow along with our children...

me too, just had my patience pushed to the limit by Tim this morning... it's just part and parcel of our journey in motherhood... God is there with us... He knows our limits and He will not test us beyond that...

hang in there and keep that faith that you are doing the best you are now... :)

Ing said...

Thanks for your encouragement. :)