Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Simply Homecooked - Simply Steam Prawn Tofu

I love tofu and prawns... and this dish was concocted to blend in two of my favourite food in one... *smile*...

This is a very simple dish to prepare...buy a pack of tofu (labeled for steaming)... cut them into cubes...Next just dig a little well in the middle of each of the cubes (do not throw away the tofu that has been dug out of the tofu cubes as it will be used as part of the stuffing)... ingredients for the stuffing - chopped carrot, chopped spring onion, prawns chopped into paste and the remaining tofu. Seasoning required - pepper, and a tsp cornstarch.
Stuff each of the tofu cubes and steam it for approximately 15mins (until the prawn paste has been cooked)...

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Joyce Long said...

Wow..Yummy..reminds me of my mother who like to cook this dish..I must try out one of these days..pauline..thanks for sharing